PDA

View Full Version : Air Con Leaking

davee1987
31-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Back in the warm summer days (remember them!!) i was finding that my passenger floor was always soaking wet! eventually i realised that its possibly water coming from the aircon (where else could water get inside the car when it hadnt rained for weeks!)

So i pushed the ECON button on the aircon unit and problem solved, No more wet floor! only thing is i like my aircon and i will def be fixing it before the spring! anyone have any idea what could cause this and/or if its potentially a DIY job or garage?

Many Thanks

crofty90
01-02-2010, 06:21 PM
your rear washer works okay doesn't it?

davee1987
01-02-2010, 06:27 PM
i have a saloon! it doesnt have a rear washer!

mikeybutch
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Did you aircon work ? If so it may be something else because I assumed aircon gas would evaporate when not pressurised.Have you checked the battery tray ? Blocked drains there are a common cause of wet carpets.

davee1987
01-02-2010, 07:29 PM
yeh the air con worked fine, and still does! but it makes the floor wet!

But when i turn the aircon off (ECON on) the floor doesnt get wet! My thinking was that air con compressed the air and compressed air creates water(i think). so the aircon unit must have a waste pipe for this? maybe its leaking?

I have not checked the battery,surely its not that though giving the aircon on/off symptoms

kite
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Good call,I would think the aircon drain too.
Aircon cools the air, water condense's out and drains.

mikeybutch
02-02-2010, 02:20 PM
Surely the drain should go straight out under the car so it puddles on the ground after stopping with the aircon on.Hope it doesnt drain into the tray under the battery and addto problems there