PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Help Required

andy_m_31uk
31-01-2010, 10:29 PM
Had a bad experience on Saturday,looking for some ideas where to start with the fixing process.
Audi A4 1.9 2002.
Car had been parked up for 2 weeks outside.
Went to collect,car started fine,no problems.
Set off and it felt like one of the brakes had slightly stuck on,at the same time brake warning sign and alarm came on the dash display.
I had been driving at less than 5M.P.H ,pulled up and noticed that dash display wasn't on,rev counter dead.
Swiched off car.
Swiched ignition on,nothing at all on the display,no lights on anything connected with the dash.
Tried to start,enging fires and dies instantly no display at all.
So as you can see i'm slightly screwed.
All help greatly recived

Crasher
31-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Sounds like the battery is low on charge, these modern starters are amazing, they will turn over but there is not enough power to get the engine to run. Have the battery charged and if it still will not run, the car needs a full vehicle system code scan, print and clear. Then try starting it again and if it will not go, any fault codes that re-occur can be treated as real and dealt with. I presume you do not have fault code reading equipment so the car will need taking to someone who does.

andy_m_31uk
01-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the input Crasher,i can't just get my head round the thinking of the battery issue as it originally started and i managed to drive about 20 feet before things went wrong.