PDA

View Full Version : Boot Release - wont lock at all

audisingh
31-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi guys,

went to open the boot this afternoon, everything was as normal until i closed the boot and sat in the car only to find the DIS tells me the boot is still open.

Went back out and found that the boot was closed but not locked, infact i could lift the boot up without even touching the boot switch.

I think this has in turn made it impossible for me to alarm the car..

Anybody else had this problem?

Thank You in advance. :beerchug:

spartacus 68
31-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Went back out and found that the boot was closed but not locked, infact i could lift the boot up without even touching the boot switch. I think this has in turn made it impossible for me to alarm the car

Could be the lock just needs a grease. I had an intermittent fault with a B5 Avant tailgate. I stripped out the interior trim and gave it a grease with a water-repellant marine grease (Duckhams), but any light grease will do. Try locking and listen for the vacuum noise. Might also be the pipe from the central locking pump has disconnected. The car alarm will activate after a few minutes of setting until this fault is fixed.

accy
31-01-2010, 10:58 PM
I had something similar, turned out to be the boot actuator

audisingh
01-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Audi want £90 to diagnose the problem, when the part may only cost £17. Typical!

vwcamperman
09-02-2010, 01:55 PM
audisingh

Have you checked the wiring that comes from the boot to the car for breakages . if you have and found no probles then it sounds like your boot actuator is the problem.you can get round it by taking off the boot cover and disconnecting the actuator push bar you should be able to use your boot from the key for now untill you get the part from audi.

Hi guys,

went to open the boot this afternoon, everything was as normal until i closed the boot and sat in the car only to find the DIS tells me the boot is still open.

Went back out and found that the boot was closed but not locked, infact i could lift the boot up without even touching the boot switch.

I think this has in turn made it impossible for me to alarm the car..

Anybody else had this problem?

Thank You in advance. :beerchug:

mpk490p
13-02-2010, 09:19 PM
i have the same problem, removed the actuator today as the linkage just wouldn't move, removed the actuator and it works fine on the key. can these be tested before i go and buy another one as i tested the wiring and didn't get any reading for it? fuse was fine before you ask

vwcamperman
13-02-2010, 11:47 PM
i have the same problem, removed the actuator today as the linkage just wouldn't move, removed the actuator and it works fine on the key. can these be tested before i go and buy another one as i tested the wiring and didn't get any reading for it? fuse was fine before you ask
Yes get yourself a piece of wire with two small spades attached to one end and attach these to the actuator any way then put the wire to the battery it will work any way you attach the wires to the battery . one way will open the other way will close it depends on the wires on the battery .

biggs001
14-02-2010, 12:29 AM
hi sorry i dont mean to hi jack the thread but there anyone who can help me in this then it'd be a great help.
my back seat on my A6 doesnt lock. it fell down when i went over a bump and has not since lock back in to place. the seat belt has become too tight now and its difficult to get the seat back upright.
any ideas?

mpk490p
14-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Thanks TBH thats what i though, ive not had a chance to test it yet but i did put a multi meter across the connectors and nothing but a very small spike when i pressed the boot realase (.05 v) ive not worked on many Audis so thought i would check

Yes get yourself a piece of wire with two small spades attached to one end and attach these to the actuator any way then put the wire to the battery it will work any way you attach the wires to the battery . one way will open the other way will close it depends on the wires on the battery .

mpk490p
27-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Finally got rouund to testing the unit, it was jammed closed (which ment the boot wouldn't shut) once i put 12v across it, it open out, this unit seems to work on a pulse 12v on it closes (opens boot) 12v off it opens (closes boot) i put a bit of white greese on the arm and the unit looks fine so i'm just going to refit it, just wondered if anyone else has found the same problem and refitted the unit?

thanks

mpk490p
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
bit of a update its the wiring at fault, no signal for the actutor, checked the fuse all fine, does anyone have a wiring diagrame? mines a 2.4 cab 03 dont want to start ripping the boot out would rather check it from source

thanks