PDA

View Full Version : Question Sharan Reliability !!! what else will go wrong ?

steven842
31-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Guys i bought My first Vw after having reasonably sporty reliable cars .
since i seem to of accumulated 3 kids in under 5 years my life is over ;)
so neaded a 7 seater .

it had 89k when i bought it and so far it has neaded :-

Two drive shafts L/R
New clutch kit
New front headlight
new lower intercooler turbo pipe thingy
the gearbox whines in 5th so will evenmtually nead replaced
And ive been told the alternator pulley is the cause of a screaching when turning .

coming home today the car totally lost power like the turbo aint working . i plugged it in to a carscan handheld and i recon its the maf sensor .

Does this sound about right for this age of a car ?

The fact Vw dealers dont stock many parts my mate recons this is cause Vw are so reliable ?????:o

any help would be appreciated

Col
31-01-2010, 09:09 PM
To get a concice answer you need to state;

What year.
What engine.

steven842
31-01-2010, 09:12 PM
To get a concice answer you need to state;

What year.
What engine.

Its A sharan 03 plate 1.9tdi carat 130

lovely to drive when things go right with it :approve:

drodders
01-02-2010, 01:30 PM
hope you have had the duel mass flywheel done at the same time as the clutch was out iv just had mine done...if you didnt there is a saying (sods law)also have you checked your power steering fluid for the screech...has the cam belt & water pump been done....every 4 years or 40,000 miles whatever is sooner...

steven842
01-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Hi mate , thanks for replying . The car is due a timing belt change ,ive changed the serpentine belt and tensioner thinking the screeching was from that , it solved it for a limited period Vw tec says it is the alternator Pulley but i cant find the pulley advertised any where on the net .....

drodders
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
the same thing happened on my brothers 04 passat 130 highline he checked everywhere & alls he was told is, its a main dealer part,so he just put it in his mates garage & got it done.it cost him £175 parts & labour...sorry i couldnt help anymore have you tried on the www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford (http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford) you will have to register very good forum,do a search on there see what you can find...
by the way my cam belt kit and water pump cost me £220 with new anti freeze aswell by vw indi all in...made up...see you later...