PDA

View Full Version : New on board

baldyian
15-05-2007, 03:50 PM
Hi Guys,

new to VW. Just bought a Passat estate 1.9 diesel with 108k on the clock. Happy with the car as full main dealer service etc and drives well.

1st car with ABS and tried out to spectacular effect when I managed to avoid a taxi who pulled out in front of me in the wet doing 60, that got the heart racing i can tell you!!!

Any way seems from this forum that Passat's are prone to leaks and subsequent problems. Is there a comprehensive list of points that need to be looked at and a general idea of how to go about it for a relative novice.

Help appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

chris555
15-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Welcome and enjoy the forum - could be worth posting in the Passat forum with this question

Good luck and best wishes

Sam
15-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi Guys,

new to VW. Just bought a Passat estate 1.9 diesel with 108k on the clock. Happy with the car as full main dealer service etc and drives well.

1st car with ABS and tried out to spectacular effect when I managed to avoid a taxi who pulled out in front of me in the wet doing 60, that got the heart racing i can tell you!!!

Any way seems from this forum that Passat's are prone to leaks and subsequent problems. Is there a comprehensive list of points that need to be looked at and a general idea of how to go about it for a relative novice.

Help appreciated.

Cheers
Ian

Welcome aboard!

Check my sig for my Passat page and then follow the special links at the foot of the first post - Leaky Passat.

baldyian
16-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for this.
Have had a quick look at this info and it seems to explain a lot.

I guess I need a quiet weekend to get this done.

Thanks
again

baldyian

Eshrules
16-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for this.
Have had a quick look at this info and it seems to explain a lot.

I guess I need a quiet weekend to get this done.

Thanks
again

baldyian

thats the trouble with a vw, youll find your weekends are now never empty, youll always find something to do, good or bad ;) welcome to the forum :D