PDA

View Full Version : Question Throttle hesitation

celerus
30-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Anyone have throttle-response hesitation on their Q5? My 2.0 TFSi/S-tronic seems to take at least a second to build power from a standstill, and also hesitates at speed, which makes timing for 'powering-out' of corners tricky. It's had the gearbox program update, but that didn't seem to help.

Anyone got a fix?

a8 tech
30-01-2010, 08:45 AM
yes, go to your dealer as there are a few software updates which match your complaint which resolve the problem by updating the engine ecu.The gearbox update rectifies other issues but I have found that the clutch kiss point requires resetting and this improves the delay and response.
Depending on driving style the clutch biting point can affect the feel although its a dsg type box there are friction plates and they tend to affect the feel say if you do lots of town traffic.
I would not reset the clutch kiss to often but in this case I certainly think its worth a shot.

celerus
03-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the info' a8 tech; I'll give it a go at the next service. It does seem to have been getting worse v. slowly, but then I mostly drive out-of-town.