PDA

View Full Version : Possible new owner

TERRYDOO7
29-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Hi guys. I've currently got a 1996 audi a4 2.6 v6. ive found someone who would swap for a 1989 1.8 Scirocco gt. mot till april, tax is 6 months, the parts that hes changes are including wishbones, all the brakes, balljoints, track rod end, shock absorber. the petrol tank and filler neck, scala white seats, alloys from a golf gti, and timing belt done. the bad bits are theres a rust hole in the drivers door, but hes got a spare, couple of dents and other small bits of rust, carb needs tuned as it revs too high or low when started for the first few minutes, but he also has a spare carb. Now I know is sounds a silly question, but surely a swap for that I would be getting the better end of the deal, right? I've always wanted a scirocco, but never found one I've liked or could afford. I'm not a mechanic, but do have some knowledge and can read books lol. Any opinions, telling offs or ideas would be much appreciated :)

fourringsrus
29-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Terry as an Audi nut I would say the A4 is more valuable but if you are up to doing the repairs then the vw is worth whatever you are prepared to pay up.
Stuart