PDA

View Full Version : Question Whats the ko4 turbo like???

ILOVEMONEY
29-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Hiya

Its me agian computer/car dummy, firstly thankyou on your previous comments to my first post, and im thankfull for some of the messages and sorry i didnt reply to all of them but for some reason it wasnt letting me. So anyway back to the post in hand......

Does anybody know if the KO4 Turbo is worth the money?

Ive got a standard A4 1.8T B6 Quattro and i'm on the verge of getting it chipped to make it (roughly 190bhp)

So what im wondering now is, if i replace the turbo with a KO4 will it be EVEN FASTER? and will i get that AMAZING TURBO SOUND?

Thanks in advance for some of your comments they're really appreciated :biglaugh:

bez101
29-01-2010, 08:42 PM
it will make it faster but u need injectors etc etc etc and a good custom remap

ILOVEMONEY
29-01-2010, 11:03 PM
okay okay...injectors...look i feel like sucha dunse...what exactly are they and what do they do..and how will they help?

sorry that i am sucha noob!

o another thing how much horsepower will it add roughly?
and does this turbo make that whistle sound that?? sounds soo good!

bollo
23-02-2010, 09:45 PM
I hope that I can explain it a little to you. (My Enlgish isn't so very good cause I'm from the Netherlands)

When you are going to install a K04 turbo, then you are going to increase the airflow. More air is more hp, but only when you also have enough fuel in your cilinders.
So that is why you need bigger injector like the Bosch injectors (386cc)

If you are going to this than you gain more hp, but you still have to remap your car.
It has to know that you have a bigger turbo and bigger injectors. Otherwise your engine will run lean. And your won't be happy with that. Resulting in a huge damage of your engine.
You probably going to need more things, but this is what I know of it.

A company like APR sells complete packages for a turbo upgrade.

http://www.goapr.com/products/turbo_b6a4_k04.html

I hope that you understand a little of what I have written down (in my best English).:beerchug:

Ow ... and check youtube for audi's in combination with a K04 upgrade. Some of them do have a list of what they have done to get a nice turbowhistle.

AntonisT84
16-09-2010, 08:38 PM
HI,
I don't know if you have already changed your turbo. What you need if going for a bigger turbo is a bigger intercooler, a bigger exhaust system, bigger injectors, and preferably a more free-flowing filter. All these put together will need a new program on your car's brain (ECU) which will take your car around 260-270. To go any bigger you will need a new fuel pump and new clutch as the standard one can't take a lot more. Also, you need to be careful on torque levels. 1.8T engines can take up to around 420 Nm of torque and then things start to break.
Hope that helps. If you have already modified your car, let me know what you have put on.