PDA

View Full Version : Maps and Boxes (tuning)

pitch3110
28-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Chaps,

Well 5k under the wheels now and time to sort some extra ummmph.

I have been zipping round North Norfolk most of the day:Blush: on A and B roads and the gearbox in 'M' with 8 paddle shifting ratio's to play with, is great great fun. Anyone mildly thinking of Multitronic, do it, you will love it.:D:D:D

I know the correct and prefered manor is a proper re-map but I am wanting to go down the self tuning route either Bluefin or Spider ilk.

The appeal is not having to trol across the country to have the work done and being able to return to standard for servicing, etc. (I do realize if the dealer wants to hunt he will find that I have had a play)

Any recent experiences would be greatly appreciated of products that have been tried, power and increased MPG, etc......

Ta
Pitch

B19RAK
28-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Pitch, you listened to me so far on this one so please continue. A quality remap everytime. All these boxes do are increase the fueling fooling the car into thinking its cold.

I've been down the box route, yes you feel the power but you'll also see a cloud of black smoke behind you too which wont do your DPF any good.

I've had my last three Turbo D's remapped and i would do it again everytime. No clouds of black smoke, a very good power delivery too. Also, i've had an A4, 330cd, TT all of which have been back to the dealer for warranty work (new multi box on the A4) with no problems at all. So if thats your concern don't worry.

Im just trying to find someone who can remap the car at the moment as there aren't many about that can remap a MY10 multi just yet.

When i do we could get them done at the same time for some discount.