PDA

View Full Version : Please Help A4 2.5 TDI Convertible

JonLees
28-01-2010, 09:35 PM
Hi All. I have a 1995 1.8 A4 and would love to replace it with a B6 2.5 TDI convertible. I’ve been looking at several but would appreciate some advice from anyone who has owned one. Have you experienced any problems with the Audi A4 2.5 TDI convertible? Is there anything I need to be aware of when buying? Are there any issues with the roof? i.e. Are they prone to leaks, mechanism faults, excessive wear and tear etc. What is the life expectancy of the roof? I don’t change cars very often hence the 15 year old 206,000 mile A4 parked in the drive! :o I’d prefer something that’s going to last a few years so any help or advise would be very much appreciated.

fourringsrus
28-01-2010, 10:57 PM
All you can do is thoroughly check and understand that the service schedule has been strictly adhered to and use your eyes to study the car for any concerning issues
I have B6 2.4 cabby 2002,wonderfull car ,no problems with 12" of snow on the roof for 8 days.The 2.5 tdi is good for smoothness and economy but I personally would keep away from the auto box's,the multitronic also known as cvt can be very nice to use but is common to fail at considerable cost, try finding a 5 or even better 6 speed manual.
Worth doing plenty of research on the subject before shelling out
Hope this helps
Stuart

JonLees
29-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Hi Stuart. Thanks for the tips, especially the gearbox. I'll do some more research and take a look at what's available on the market. Cheers.

lasagne33
31-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Stuart, I bought a 2005 2.5 TDI Cabrio a couple of months ago, it's the dogs and I can recommend it to anyone. Try to get one with as many toys as possible.

greenjoe
06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Hi Stuart not sure if you bought one yet, however I bought a 2.5 tdi cab last year and love it, as with the other replys make sure you check it over, The car I bought had a few faults like, air bag light was on, he told me that it wanted re-setting which was not the case, I had a faulty plug connection under the drivers seat, also the boot lock would not work with the remote , I am in the process of changing the actuator, the car had done 82k and was in need of a timing belt change, I had this done and was told that it would be advisable to have the water pump changed whilst having the belts done as it would be a costly repair changing the water pump afterwards, oh and one of the rear speakers was duff, taking all into consideration and the extra exspense I still love my cab, and I did manage to knock him down quite a lot because of the work needed.

vwcamperman
09-02-2010, 01:44 PM
JonLees;470071
I bought a A4 B6 2.5 V6 SPORT CAB last year it's a a great car to drive and the fuel is good to.i had the gearbox oil changed as soon as i got it at audi for a peice of mind .apart from that no problems . Its all the aftermarket bit that cost you .:biglaugh:

Hi All. I have a 1995 1.8 A4 and would love to replace it with a B6 2.5 TDI convertible. I’ve been looking at several but would appreciate some advice from anyone who has owned one. Have you experienced any problems with the Audi A4 2.5 TDI convertible? Is there anything I need to be aware of when buying? Are there any issues with the roof? i.e. Are they prone to leaks, mechanism faults, excessive wear and tear etc. What is the life expectancy of the roof? I don’t change cars very often hence the 15 year old 206,000 mile A4 parked in the drive! :o I’d prefer something that’s going to last a few years so any help or advise would be very much appreciated.