PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Help

ballylira
15-05-2007, 12:28 AM
Hi i hope someone can help me!!!!!:aargh4: I bought a 6 cd changer for my A6 it is a boot mounted one it plays normal cd's but wont let me play cd-r or cd-rw , does anyone know the reason for this or does it need a different file format.
Thanks

Niall76
15-05-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm afraid it is the type of disc.

Regular original CD's only.

You can buy an aftermarket player but is it really worth it? IMO you would be better spending the money on an ipod, or similar, and getting the frequency thingy to play it over FM to your car.

ini
15-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Some of the older mutichangers are very very picky about disk type.

You could try using a good quality 'Audio' CD, instead of a generic computer CD-R. Burn the disc at 1x if possible (or the optimum speed for your burner).

Tracks must be wave format (standard audio cd)

This method has worked for some people, but despite a lot of experimentation, i have never got my 6 disc Alpine changer to do more than recognise the number of tracks (not play them)

Undercover
16-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Mine works fine (1999 A6) for all but one disc I have copied (can't stand the thought of having all the original CDs in my car). I'm not sure why that one doesn't work mind. They are all CD-R's (Tevion ones, bought from Aldi, written on a Mac), make sure you close the session or just do a full disc copy.

Hope this helps.

ballylira
16-05-2007, 04:40 PM
hi thanks everyone for your help i will try different discs etc:D

iluvmytt
22-02-2012, 11:57 AM
Hi folks

just joined the forum, can anyone help with the problem I'm having with a Bose Chorus multi changer, I'm getting a message of NO Magazine when there is a magazine in the cartridge, I can also see that there power to the multichanger so this is quite baffling, cheers

NickPicks
22-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Have agood look at the magazine. Does it have any bits broken off / worn down? I expect the changer tells if there's a magazine inserted by a microswitch being pressed by the magazine - if that bit's worn/missing, it won't be pressing the switch. does the magazine click in properly when you insert it? does it eject properly when you push the eject button?

iluvmytt
22-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi NIckPicks

magazine clicks in properly but won't eject when using the button, have to manualy eject, might try and source a new magazine but don't no where to start to look any suggestions, thanks

NickPicks
22-02-2012, 01:49 PM
ebay is probably the only place I can think of to look for a magazine, although it might not be too pricey from a main dealer.

Phutters
22-02-2012, 02:36 PM
You can buy an aftermarket player but is it really worth it? IMO you would be better spending the money on an ipod, or similar, and getting the frequency thingy to play it over FM to your car.'tis only my humble opinion, but I wouldn't bother with an FM transmitter. The sound is likely to be quite horrid.

I'd get myself one of these babies (http://www.incarmusic.co.uk/product/3430-171/SKU414-Audi-USBSD-interface-adaptor-20pin-ISO-connection) instead, and run it into the glove box. Load up an 8GB micro USB flash drive (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Verbatim-43940-Netbook-8GB-Drive/dp/B004699TO4/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1329917578&sr=1-1) with a whole heap of choonz and plug it in.

All you need then is a sunny day, a pair of Oakleys and a bird in hot pants with her blouse tied in a knot.