PDA

View Full Version : Touareg Engine Missing

LUV2FLY
14-05-2007, 11:23 PM
I have a 2006 Touareg with a 3.2 V6 and less than 25,000 km. Since new it has had an annoying engine miss/surge while accelerating. On five occasions it has lost complete power, three at about 100 km/hr and two at low acceleration. The ECU does not register any faults internally or on an external monitor when connected. Consequently without an analysis VW is refusing to replace any components. I am suspicious of the ECU as being the culprit. I am not sure if the Touareg has a "limp mode" feature, which may be what the ECU is reverting to during the power loss. Will the ECU register a fault on itself?

gazza57
21-05-2007, 08:02 PM
You have a Touareg 2006 model which is presumably still under warranty?
The dealer will muck you around big time if they get a sniff that you're not going to push them.
If they can't find the fault, what do they expect from you?
You wouldn't be there if there wasn't a problem, they have the diagnostic kit to sort it out, they seem to be suggesting it's your problem...it's not it's theirs.
Tell them you're not going to go away till it's sorted out, you pay good money for your car, read them their fortune and rattle their cage big time mate!
Gazza57

y2ksparky
05-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I have a 2006 Touareg with a 3.2 V6 and less than 25,000 km. Since new it has had an annoying engine miss/surge while accelerating. On five occasions it has lost complete power, three at about 100 km/hr and two at low acceleration. The ECU does not register any faults internally or on an external monitor when connected. Consequently without an analysis VW is refusing to replace any components. I am suspicious of the ECU as being the culprit. I am not sure if the Touareg has a "limp mode" feature, which may be what the ECU is reverting to during the power loss. Will the ECU register a fault on itself?

To answer some of questions- You have to leave the car with the dealer until this is fixed or try another dealer maybe. This is situation that can cause accidents so is safety related. There do not appear to be any software updates available for the ecm, although the VIN is req'd to be 100 % sure. The ecm's are very reliable normally, and yes they can check themselves, but not 100%of the components. Main problem I've seen with them are the coils. It just needs one to start missing and throws the whole fuel system out of whack. Also take them all out and inspect for water damage. If the engine has ever been washed it seeps down the very long coil extensions and can never get out, causing corrosion etc. It does have limp modes in both the ecm and tcm. With no DTC's I'd go look at those plugs!

01V5
13-06-2007, 09:05 AM
As said... chuck up a huge stink, try everything, but do not lead them on entirely. If you sense that they are mocking you and aren't doing everything they can do (within their power of course). I have one word for you:

SOLICITOR.

Because this is a safety related issue, bring legal aid with you (as a surprise) and simply 'let them know' that you ARE serious, and that this sort of sh*t aint gonna be tolerated. You never know when it is going to cut out. In the situation you need to punch your car, you may not have it.

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ISSUE!:beerchug:

jc2402
13-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Have found it very usefull to have "taken advice on the matter from trading standards" this allways turns heads & usually leads to a manager appearing

Why is it all dealers are the same...????

Good luck

moorlands
10-09-2007, 09:25 PM
I have a 2.5 tdi that also seems to have the same symptoms. As i leave traffic lights, for example, the revs fall then pick up quickly making the car jerk. VW have said there is no problem because there is no fault registered. I've even talked about rejectiong the car but this doesn't seem to help! As it doesn't always do it it is difficult to demonstrate.

Any ideas i'm fed up of being fobbed off?
Thanks.

hobson692
06-04-2010, 08:21 AM
i have a 54 2.5 touareg when i start it and pull away sometimes it looses power, i stop and turn off the engine and restart it then it is ok,but last week when on the motorway doing 70 mph,doesnt everyone, it lost power,i managed to limp to a service area shut it off restarted and then fine again, its not showing any error code, i live in glasgow has anyone encountered this please