PDA

View Full Version : Sharan rear wiper

david muir
27-01-2010, 07:24 PM
sharan rear wiper just stopped working............it's getting a feed-any common faults that i should look for or will it be goosed?
thanks

drodders
28-01-2010, 09:49 PM
check the tail gate where your wires are fed into the body of car for any minor breaks in the wire its very easy to stretch on opening...also does the washer work if not may be the wiper stalk on steering wheel...just a though...

david muir
29-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Fixed!......looked like the wiper had been frozen to the screen and when 'operated' , the worm gear had driven the motor commutator backwards out of contact with the brushes!

Garydig
15-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Hi David and drodders

I have logged onto the website to try to get some assistance with my Sharan rear wiper.

It doesn't work, however will sometimes work when I lift the tailgate, so think there must be some loose wires / connection somewhere.

Had a look but cannot see how to get to the wires to check it out. Could either of you guys give me some idea please.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Gary, Wareham

drodders
16-02-2010, 09:45 PM
when you lift your tail gate in the top corner there is a rubber sleeve between the hatch & the body pull that back theres your wires.sounds like there may be a brake somewhere...