PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Skoda

manton
27-01-2010, 04:05 PM
I hope this is the right part of the forum to start asking questions?

I have worked through log in, feature, but cannot find "chat about any thing" to start posting so apologies if this is wrong?

:DMy car is a Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate first registered in April 2005, I bought it secondhand with 82000 miles on the clock from a car supermarket after testing driving and came with full service Skoda history, every invoice, super car to drive no problems until air bag light came on.

I purchased a Warranty Direct Cover to including turbo, catalyst and airbags as extra items.

I have had done about 3400 miles when the air bag light came on. Warranty Direct had the car diagnosed at a Skoda Garage and the report said that the nearside loom had the wrong connector fitted and that a complete new loom, connector and air bag would required. Original repairs were carried out last June 2009. (repair lasted 8 months).

Warranty Direct does not cover the items like this that have been repaired prior to my purchase. It is in book of warranty words.

:1zhelp: I Know I am going to have to pay up for replacement but does any one have any thoughts on what Skoda HQ should feel about a shoddy repair in its dealership when car did not belong to me? Skoda dealer who did repair has gone out of business.

Many thanks for reading this. Manton