PDA

View Full Version : Satisfied with Q5 or not ?

cvhlux
26-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I am new on the forum. I am miving in Luxembourg and in this small country there are no AUDI forums, at least I could not find.

Here my experience with Q5 3.O TDI after 15000km
In general very satisfied, no problems encountered not on normal roads not on snow where the car is very stable.

Consumption for a 3 liter engine is rather good: 8 l / 100 km on average. I must add that I make around 90% on highways.

I am however disappointed of the navigation system. The navigation is part of the MMI plus. Radio / Music / car set-ups all ok however navigation could be much better. I actually use a PDA with IGO8 and TOMTOM loaded on the memory card. IGO8 and TOMTOM have far more information available in the map data.
But the most important is the lack of speed warning in MMI navigation. When driving on roads where not used (e.g. on holiday) it is very usefull that the navigation system keeps track of the driving speed while comparing this with the speed allowed on the particular road or section it also informs the driver orally and visual when exceeding the speed limit.
Depending up on the country also the speedtrap warnings are very usefull too.

In general the car is OK but there is a lot of improvement needed on the MMI navigation to compete with the far cheaper smartphone or PDA navigation systems like TOMTOM, MIOMAP, IGO8