PDA

View Full Version : Sat Nav not working.

jasear
14-05-2007, 09:15 PM
I got a CD from Ebay for my sat nav however the sat nav complained about it being faulty.

So I tried some normal CD's and it couldnt read them either. I then put the same cd's in the CD changer and it worked fine. I am wondering is there a way i can put the sat nav CD in the cd changer and somehow get the sat nav to work? (stupid question?)

Anyone had a similar problem? Any ideas why the sat nav wont read any CD's? A while back the same CD's were working fine.

I did have a problem with water under the passenger side carpet. I have cleared this though. But I am not sure if some of the wiring might have gotton damaged?

I ran a scan via vag-com. Initially it came up with some fault codes which I cleared. Which havent appeared since.

snapdragon
14-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you have a known working Navi CD?
What is the error message?
Many on ebay don't work, as they are so hard to get around the copy protection.
The Navi doesn't play music CDs AFAIK, except in the changer (they always came with the changer) and the changer won't play the Navi CD except on the later models AFAIK.

jasear
15-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Thanks for your reply. I am sure I got the music CD's working via the navi a while back. As for the navigation CD, I got it from ebay. Hence I dont know for sure if it works or not.

I bought it thinking it was original. Might not be I guess. I think its time to try the original.

Smudger_66
10-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi

I had similar problem but i bought A4 with Sat Nav disc missing. I placed order with Sat Nav Updates and received disc.

The disc on inspection is a copy I think and didn't think of that before purchase.

However new firmware was installed ok it seems but same as Jasear my RNS-E diplays 'no Nav DVD'

is it a case of purchasing fron Audi new disc or is there a fix/setting which needs configuring?