PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer cable

Fourbears
14-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Do 1999 (2000 MY) Passat Sports have the cabling for a CD changer already fitted and how do I find it if so? I've got a Gamma head unit fitted which is changer compatible and want to fit either a CD or minidisc changer.

new to vw
15-05-2007, 09:45 AM
the cable will run to the boot area...mine is where the first aid kit is in the cubby hole
lee

Fourbears
16-05-2007, 12:10 AM
No cable in mine so it looks like I've got to run it myself. Oh well..... just need to know how to get the head unit out!

Huffy
23-05-2007, 10:42 PM
I have read somewhere ,and a talk with a Vw ex employee also stated ,that the socket for the changer can sometimes be buried in the loom itself ,and need teasing out,I wondered if this was the case or do they simply just not include it in some looms?

Mach110
24-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Hi

I also have a 99 Passat on a V plate but didnt have the wireing.

so maybe VW never done them on all the cars:aargh4: :zx11:

ini
24-05-2007, 02:27 PM
It should have the 12 pin changer cable factory installed, could be behind the trim panel.

The standard Matsushita (Panasonic) CX-CV1820LH, and standard Alpine 6-disc changers will work with the Gamma, there are probably others.

TAFFY
24-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I have a 98 saloon , and was going to buy a forums members cd changer he had in his boot of his estate,. he also told me to look there, but no cable. Hence i havent bought it and stuck with the radio and a Bruce Springsteen cassatte.

titticarcar
30-05-2007, 09:07 PM
If you need a cable, i hvae gor one for sale if you want it, but its only 1.8m (6ft in old money) long, you might be able to put changer under the seat etc:o :o :o :o

Huffy
30-05-2007, 11:16 PM
I dont know if i,m right,but I persume most models that had the Beta cassette fitted most probably dont have rear speakers or a socket for a changer,in the loom,because the beta is a 2 speaker model whereas the Gamma is 4 speaker and must have had cd changer cable as standard? or is that a load of rubbish? correct me if i,m wrong!:o

Huffy
30-05-2007, 11:23 PM
Put a Goodmans Cd player in mine today that I had kicking about-better than nothing,got fed up of looking on e bay for second hand ones ,all around £50,-80 and you dont know if they are any good either ,some people dont rate them that highly anyway,when they do . 2 speakers though ,but I can put up with that ,got so bloody fed up with that one cassette of mine -Bryan adams for the last 2 yrs when radio was crap!:aargh4: Think a second hand kenwood cd playerwould fit bill any day rather than pay too much for changers etc;)