PDA

View Full Version : Parking Sensors

Steve-T
25-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Just sat myself back in an A8 3.0TDi (55 plate) having realised it wasn't such a great idea to sell my previous one and have noticed that the rear parking sensors, though they do work, aren't really that sensitive.... basically nothing really bleeps, until your right on top of the object behind and then there is a continuous tone. It does work properly and will bleep before the contiuous tone, but not all the time.

Is there a secret code in one of the hidden menus to adjust the sensitivity of the parking system?

Regards,

Steve

a8 tech
25-01-2010, 10:40 PM
no, try checking for fault codes to identify a possible sensor issue

Micha_elD
26-01-2010, 11:59 AM
You can adjust tones (and maybe volume?) through the MMI. There's nothing in the hidden menus that does anything with the sensors.

When they are working correctly you should get a warning from a few feet away from an object

hravey
26-01-2010, 09:29 PM
I install sensors to commercial vehicles and one problem is that they reverse to quickly and it doesn't give the system chance to judge. Could this be the problem ?

Recommended speed for ours is just 3km / hr.

best way to test is to slowly walk upto each sensor with a flat solid object, I.E. cardboard, and see if they are all working individually before taking it further.

:)

Steve-T
26-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Thanks for your help gents, I'll get it plugged in to VAGcom and check for any faults. I think it's just the car.....they all have their 'things'.

I'm not reversing back too quick....not with a sensor system that I don't trust!!!

Steve