PDA

View Full Version : fitting an in dash 6 cd player

jamieb101
14-05-2007, 07:25 PM
My dad has a 01 passat with a cassette player. We have just got hold of a second hand 6 cd changer for the dash. We know where it has got to go and ordered a a new trim for the centre console to fit two DIN units but is there anything else we need?

Has anyone done this before and offer any advice - i hope it will be very straight forward. Any comments would be appreciated.

cheers:beerchug:

shooey88
14-05-2007, 07:55 PM
....just lets hope your second hand unit works....as u get dodgy ones
if it is a suitable radio everything should be ok
sometimes you should code the CD player to the radio using VAG com...but you do find it should still work without having to do it. just a suggestion if not.

jamieb101
15-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. The cd player "should" just plug in hopefully.

pbeazer
17-05-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi

Where did you get the double DIN trim from?? I cant find them anywhere... :mad:

Pete

jamieb101
30-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi, sorry for the delay the double din came from vw and as such cost £38. Rip off really and we have now found that this does not fit the car properly, so we have either been given the wrong thing or there is more to it.

We looks like it should fit but has extra clips and seems thicker in places.

We have gone back to our local VAG dealer and are waiting for a reply.

pbeazer
04-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Did you have any luck with fitting your surround? I have the same problem of the fitments for the Climate control being at the top on the double din trim and on the bottom for the triple.

jamieb101
06-06-2007, 06:21 PM
No luck as yet. The surround does not want to fit at all. There are extra bits of plastic on the surround that stop it fitting into the dash.

We have come to the conclusion we will have to make it fit - if we want it in.

It is almost as though the dashboard needs to be different for the double DIN to fit.