PDA

View Full Version : door open message no longer shows

jamieb101
14-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Hi,

Im new to this but thought i would give it a go - so hello all.

Can anyone help me - my 03 passat used to make a "ping" (the car that goes ping!) and display a message on the dashboard when a door was opened. The boot still does it but none of the doors.

I hadn't missed it until i drove my dads 01 passat and it made the noise and showed the message. The door open light still works but the warning message is missing.

It's only a little thing but i don't like anything not working on the car and would like it sorted.

Can anyone help? - i think i might of pressed one of the buttons on the key when it was in the ignition once.

cheers

MalcQV
14-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Welcome. Not one I have heard of.

shooey88
14-05-2007, 08:04 PM
i know the car "pings" when u open the doors and the side lights are on with the ignition turned off.....try it and see if it makes a ping.
does the warning on the dash tell u if a door is open? with a symbol?

jamieb101
16-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Hi the warning for the lights does still work. It is a different noise though.

The light to say the door is open does work but the message and ping do not happen on the doors but does for the boot. Someone suggested that it is hooked up to the interior light but i have tried this in all settings and nothing happens.

just have to live without the ping.

shooey88
16-05-2007, 12:49 PM
i think the only way is probs look at the how the dash is coded....as it can be set up to do this or not.

jamieb101
30-05-2007, 03:17 PM
I think you could be right with the coding.

The car does give the ping if one of the doors is open while the car is still moving but doesn't when stationary.

My dads passat makes the "ping" all the time. Think i will buy a workshop dvd from an auction site and see if that gives any ideas.