PDA

View Full Version : Question Is The TT A Womans Car?

Bristle Hound
25-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I was speaking to my friends, who all agree the Audi TT is more of a womans car than a mans car.

I know where I live all Range Rover Sport's, Mini Cooper and Coopers S' are all driven by women.

If I'm spending all that money, I don't want to seem to be getting the wrong car for my gender!

Any comments :beerchug:

kodkod.84
25-01-2010, 01:17 PM
My Opinion

1st Gen TT = very girly and a tarted up golf

2nd Gen TT = solid 2 seater, which looks very cool whatever gender is driving.

Eshrules
25-01-2010, 01:28 PM
any car that carries a hairdresser, ever, is a woman's car.

Issac Hunt
25-01-2010, 01:35 PM
It is, but I would still have one.

kite
25-01-2010, 01:37 PM
The one we have is a girls car (she drives it)

Col
25-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Yes.

Or men who drive them are "prancing susans".

kite
25-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm a pracing susan southern softy, but only on a saturday.....

MFGF
11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
I'm a pracing susan southern softy, but only on a saturday.....

Ooo... disturbing mental images come to mind, George! :D

The one we have is a girls car too (I virtually never get a look-in).

MF.

royleblue
13-03-2010, 05:32 PM
My Opinion

1st Gen TT = very girly and a tarted up golf

2nd Gen TT = solid 2 seater, which looks very cool whatever gender is driving.

Exactly what I was about to say.

bellkevin
14-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Hmmm.. The new shape TT a woman's car??
Well, possibly the FWD 2.0L because it's not really a drivers car, too much wheel spin in the wet and not that great around corners.

On the other hand if you drive the 3.2 quattro it's simply amazing. It's not made to drive slowly if you've just done your shopping but it can. I find that it's so rapid!
So fast it just puts a smile on your face and don't care about the mpg's. Amazing around corners and every other car on the road just gets in the way!

So easy to do silly speed so it does have to be respected.

a8 tech
14-03-2010, 10:09 PM
lovely cars

Copiertech
15-03-2010, 11:26 AM
If people think the kind of car you drive denotes wether you enjoy sausage and chocolate games or not that says a bit more about the person doing the imagining than the person driving the car.

bellkevin
15-03-2010, 12:55 PM
If people think the kind of car you drive denotes wether you enjoy sausage and chocolate games or not that says a bit more about the person doing the imagining than the person driving the car.

Exactly!! People that judge the car for the way it looks obviously don't know how to drive on the cars limit. They just wouldn't know.. A bunch of wusses them selves so they drive big comfortable 4x4 Land Rovers as a pe*is extension and never getting the tyres dirty. :biglaugh:

tlionhart
15-03-2010, 02:39 PM
any car that carries a hairdresser, ever, is a woman's car.

I know a lot of hairdressers and none can afford a TT. Not even a 2003 version. As for land rovers they are c**k extensions.
I do like the TT S, which may be my next car. If not the A5 Cab. However it's concerning to see in the A5 cab brochure all the cars the models are driven by women.

To be honest I think a car is like wearing clothes. You gotta be the right figure and frame for it to suit you. I'd look lost and tiny driving around in an A6. Use to drive my dads A4 when he had it and it did feel comfy in the cabin and fine. No probs handling, etc but from the outside he laughed and said 'it really doesn't suit you!'. However I think it's all down to how tough skinned you are. If you like the drive of something, you can handle it well then you shouldn't worry what people say. I love the ibis white audi do. It's a bold statement. I'd have that over black or silver any day! Yet my friends slate it off.
My mate had a TT S in solor orange. He didn't look camp or stupid in it. Suited him well. The girls loved him when they saw it and it helped grow his popularity in the work place! 'he drives an orange TT an orange TT!!' ...nobody took notice of my other colleague who drives around in an S5, apart from the works petrol heads.

MalcQV
15-03-2010, 03:51 PM
TT old and new are very nice to look at. Still if I had to buy Audi then it would be the A5, not the cab as cab's are girls cars :p. Joking of course as I have always maintained the best looking cabriolet saloon is the A4, and the A5 cab looks the same (almost).

a8 tech
15-03-2010, 04:08 PM
lovely cars

tlionhart
15-03-2010, 06:45 PM
then again my next car may just be a a5 coupe or the next A3. Wouldn't mind the a5 cab, then again I do prefer hard top roofs.

kite
15-03-2010, 07:36 PM
a5 cab = gay as they come, TT= its a fav of the milf
My wife has a Mk I and there are a few lads round my parts who would consider her MILF

wja96
23-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Still a womens or tranny car lol
They have there own forum tt ******* club as we in the dealers call them

Sorry, I can't believe I just read that. What dealership do you work for that so openly slags off it's customers in public?

a8 tech
23-05-2010, 01:16 PM
lovely cars

wja96
23-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Patently I have not interpreted it as a joke. So, what Audi dealership do you work at?

a8 tech
23-05-2010, 02:33 PM
lovely cars

wja96
23-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Well, I've just been called a pre-op tranny, and I'd like to meet the 'man' that called me that. Are you man enough to say what dealership you work at or not?

I'm not backing down without an apology. Your comments are derogatory to Audi customers and you clearly imply that this is a belief held throughout Audi's dealer network. If that's the case then I think Audi need to be aware of this.

a8 tech
23-05-2010, 03:01 PM
Ok sorry.
Remarks removed

MalcQV
23-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Sorry, I can't believe I just read that. What dealership do you work for that so openly slags off it's customers in public?

Are you suggesting that such owners degrade the model?

MalcQV
23-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Well, I've just been called a pre-op tranny, and I'd like to meet the 'man' that called me that. Are you man enough to say what dealership you work at or not?

I'm not backing down without an apology. Your comments are derogatory to Audi customers and you clearly imply that this is a belief held throughout Audi's dealer network. If that's the case then I think Audi need to be aware of this.
That comment offends me. You have a problem with transsexuals?

fourringsrus
25-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Maybe we should start a thread about how different people have different senses of humour,or perhaps how easily offended some chaps are.
As said above all cabriolets are girlie but I am not offended by that remark,especially as MalcQV said the A4 cabby is such a good looker,cheers Malc and A8 stop it

MalcQV
26-05-2010, 08:30 PM
FourRings (:p) Good for you, non of this banter should be taken seriously. I do think the A4 is a looker. One day I will probably have one.

The TT is a great car but just not my cup of tea, but then if we all liked the same thing it would be so boring all driving around in TT's.

Talking of which and going a little off topic what about that Peugeot RCZ thing? A blatant TT rip-off. Now that is a synthetic hairdressers car :D

5up3rman
26-05-2010, 08:40 PM
lol
the TT is not just a womans car, it's for hairdressers as well!

:biglaugh:

mate if you getting offended by someones comments because you own a TT surely you're questioning your own sexuality/gender
and only adding fuel to the fire.

i used to drive vw polo, proper girls car!! but who cares i was poor and that was all i could afford! i took loads of stick, but you know what i didn't care!
it's all banter

fourringsrus
26-05-2010, 09:44 PM
Well it sounds like most of us on here have a similar outlook on the subject.
Hey MalcQV I was looking at one of those Peugeot things yesterday in Canterbury and I reckon they may have 'out tt'd the tt, if you see what I mean

Stuart

MalcQV
26-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Well it sounds like most of us on here have a similar outlook on the subject.
Hey MalcQV I was looking at one of those Peugeot things yesterday in Canterbury and I reckon they may have 'out tt'd the tt, if you see what I mean

Stuart
Yep.

5up3rman
26-05-2010, 11:13 PM
plus i still managed to get laid in it!!! :biglaugh:

Then i got married :( and bought an A4
1.8T though:approve:

bellkevin
27-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Did ya? Not much space in there.

Guymate
08-07-2010, 01:59 PM
oh man, that RCZ thing looks absolutely terrible from the front, and marginally better from the back. Have you seen the awful engine choices as well? The best they can offer is a 1.6. boooo