PDA

View Full Version : Question Pollen Filter Housing Removal

hudsonm
24-01-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi.

I have the dreaded water generated electrical gremlins in my '99 1.8 Sport Passat.

Today I cleared out the battery ttray of leaves and removed the grommets to let some water out. I also tried to remove the pollen filter housing to see if the gasket needed replacing. I managed to find 2 nuts on the right hand side but am sure there must be a third one as it was still not wanting to go anywhere. It is now dark so I will have to attack again tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me how many nuts / bolts etc I should be looking for? Thanks.:Blush:

kenney
24-01-2010, 11:13 PM
There are 3 nuts 2 at the end and one in the middle of the housing

hudsonm
24-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I wonder how i missed it. Is it at the front in view (Maybe under crud) or is it tucked away behind?

kenney
24-01-2010, 11:29 PM
It is below the pollen filter

hudsonm
24-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Thanks. I'll have a look tomorrow, then I can start to go over the ccm loom and see if I can find any broken wires. The ccm itself looks ok. Fingers crossed I find something easy.

kenney
25-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Remove the insulating tape from the CCU wiring harness about 40 from the CCU housing,it is in that area there are a few joints which tend to corrode

mikevw
18-06-2010, 04:01 PM
It is below the pollen filter
Kenney, how do i remove the rearmost nut of the pollen filter housing? The one on the right at the rear of the housing when viewed from the front of the vehicle? I just can't get a spanner or a socket in to the small gap! thanks in anticipation. - mikevw

Izalman
22-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Wiper arms off and plastic cover over pollen filter housing off - jobs then easy - voice of experience - did it myself 12 months ago;)

mikevw
23-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks Izalman. I'll have a go at it tomorrow. - Mikevw.

trevMk2
24-06-2010, 11:23 PM
pics in this thread might help

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12677

trevor

djmx5
25-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Hi all,

I'm looking to do this job soon, but can anyone explain how to remove the black plastic cover that runs the length of the windscreen...after windcreen wiper removal. Does it unclip off or slide off or do I need to apply force anywhere. It looks bloody flimsy and like it might break if done wrong.

Okay thanks
D

Peter D
28-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes. The trim clips into a groove that is in a moulded strip that is bonded to the bottom of the screen. You remove the centre clip then start at one end and lift the trim at 90 degrees to the screen, do not lever agaist the screen you can crack it.

You have to thorougly clean all surfaces prior to assembley and start in the middle aesing the trim back into the grove, replace centre clips.

Regards Peter