PDA

View Full Version : LEON error code P0183 Fuel Temperature Sensor A circuit High input

phil7710
24-01-2010, 12:57 PM
My Mk2 leon 1.9 TDI showed an Emmisions Workshop warning and an engine management light (yellow)
I looked on various furums and initially thought that it maybe the EGR valve 'gunked up' as during the week the car only does short journeys and never really gets warmed up properly.
It was a simple job to clean it out and for a couple of days the warnings stayed off. Then they were back !
I've since borrowed a code reader which shows an error code of P0183. According to the book that accompanies the reader that code relates to - Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit High Input.

I've looked on the TDIForum.com which shows a simple replacement of the Fuel Temperature Sensor. I don't think that they are particularly expensive so will prob replace.
Prob is that there are 10 codes relating to Fuel temp sensor problems and some are refered to as A circuit and some are B circuit ? Does anyone know if there is just the one sensor and that all these 10 possible faults could come from that one item ?

Sorry for being so long winded !