PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan Stays on

mostin
24-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Hi,

Have noticed that the main cooling radiator fan on my 2005 3.0 TDi comes on about 30 seconds after starting it from cold, even though it has been freezing lately. It seems to stay on constantly and then when i turn the engine off stays on for about a minute, am not sure if this an intercooler thing whereby it stay on for a period of time when turned off. Have also noticed that it has struggled to start a few times recently as if the battery is flat or needs replacing. Thanks in advance for any replies

kenney
24-01-2010, 12:48 PM
I have experienced,various faults in engine management can activate the cooling fan,you need to have a fault code read

mostin
24-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Thanks Kenny,

I had the vehicle at the dealers about 2 weeks ago to get a diagnostic done on the rear parking sensor - they reported that the rear right was showing up on the computer. It is booked in tomorrow to have it replaced, it was doing the fan thing last time they had it, should they have picked this up when they checked it last time?? either way i will get them to re-check tomorrow, hope it is nothing major as the parking sensor is £216 fitted plus £78 for the diagnostic :(

kite
24-01-2010, 05:51 PM
If the aircon is ON the fan will run

kenney
24-01-2010, 09:25 PM
(when i turn the engine off the fan stays on for about a minute) i don't think this is the AC fan.They will not have picked up an engine management fault if they only did a scan on the parking aid