PDA

View Full Version : Question RS4 Pedals?

Tony2
23-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Hi all

Just need to confirm.. Do the RS4 Pedals fit the new B8 (manual)

and how easy are they to fit???

Was thinking of getting these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-RS4-original-pedal-pedals-A4-S4-Cabrio-B6-B7-RHD_W0QQitemZ250555614026QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a5647434a

Its just they say they dont fit.........

Thanks guys

Bratty
23-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Hi Tony, just have to say that it is posted on e-bay by a German and when they say they do not fit they are normally correct. I live and work in Germany and thier rules on what can legally be fitted to cars (ie each model within a range is different!) is very strict. They are caps and therefore I would be sceptical if they would fit easily on your car. Price is allright though!!

Good Hunting, Dunk

Tony2
23-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Bratty

Yeah i figured as much but iv found loads of references to people wanting to fit them to there B8 But no one actually saying its worked......

As you say good price i might just grab them and try if they dont work put them back on..

If they did fit would it be something i could do bearing in mind im a bit like clarkson in this department(if you know what that means)lol

Thanks

Anthony

Bratty
23-01-2010, 10:26 PM
Keep an open mind Tony! ANYTHING will fit! given enough work and thought! And you can always flog them for more if it does not work out, then it is win win!

Here in Germany full metal pedals will not pass the MOT (TÜV) hence the Rubber bits!

Dunk

Tony2
23-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Tis True one should never give up.................

I dont like full metal pedals any way they are a nightmare when it rains, not that it ever rains in the uk!!!!!lol

Anthony

Bratty
23-01-2010, 10:52 PM
There you go Tony, My avatar shows pure metal Porky 911 from Rennline (USA) sounds brilliant when changing gears against the metal back plate, but totally illegal! and when you have stepped on a dog poo useless!;)

Dunk

Tony2
23-01-2010, 11:38 PM
That Looks Sick......................and yeah i bet that sounds wicked like a stock car ....

ScottyUK
24-01-2010, 12:16 AM
Yes they fit.

The foot rest can also be done but you have to pry the metal from the RS4 rest and then attach it to the existing B8 one.

I don't think anyone's sussed how to remove the B8 footrest.

p.s. Immerse in hot water or use a hairdryer/hot air gun on them before fitting. Trying to do them cold is virtually impossible.

Tony2
24-01-2010, 12:31 AM
Hi Scotty

Thanks why does temperature matter???

How do you detach the old pedals iv never done this before??

I dont know if il go for the foot rest do you think it will look silly without?

Thanks again.

Anthony

ScottyUK
24-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Once you start tying to bend the thick rubber you'll understand about the temperature. At this time of year the rubber's rock hard. ;)

To get the old ones off I'd also warm them up and then you can pull them off. From memory it's the top corners first and then slide down. If you struggle then laying on your back and trying to wiggle a screwdriver under the bottom of thepeddles to the edges of the rubber is another way.

Footrest - I probably wouldn't bother as on the RHD cars they're too small anyway ;)

Tony2
24-01-2010, 01:13 AM
K il think il give it a go ................ :)

Il post some pics when iv done them hopefully...........

Tony2
13-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Hi Guys

I got these today and there is no way there going to fit,

The Brake might fit but the Accelerator pedal will never fit, Its such a shame because they look really good,

:(

Plife
15-02-2010, 10:19 AM
I too couldn't get the damn things to fit....I only managed to get one pedal on!!

Here is a guide on a US forum

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?345410-RS4-Pedal-Installation-DIY-Sorta-Picture-intense

The part numbers I had were

Dead Pedal 8E2 864 777
Accelerator 8E2 721 891
Clutch 8E2 721 989
Brake 8E1 721 647

My dead pedal was completely wrong and no way it would ever fit. I gave up in the end and put them on ebay!

ScottyUK
15-02-2010, 05:52 PM
THe only way I've seen of doing the dead pedal is unpry the metal from the RS4 one and move it onto the stock one. Not ideal but continues the theme. The others apparently fit although if they're as tough as putting them onto my B6 it can be a chore. They need to be really warmed up (dropped in hot/boiling water or use a hot air gun/hair dryer).

Plife
15-02-2010, 06:25 PM
THe only way I've seen of doing the dead pedal is unpry the metal from the RS4 one and move it onto the stock one. Not ideal but continues the theme. The others apparently fit although if they're as tough as putting them onto my B6 it can be a chore. They need to be really warmed up (dropped in hot/boiling water or use a hot air gun/hair dryer).
Mine was a triangular shape and not rectangular......not amount of modification would have made it fit. I tried the hairdryer and hot water with silicone grease.....and gave up in the end!

Tony2
15-02-2010, 08:46 PM
I too couldn't get the damn things to fit....I only managed to get one pedal on!!

Here is a guide on a US forum

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?345410-RS4-Pedal-Installation-DIY-Sorta-Picture-intense

The part numbers I had were

Dead Pedal 8E2 864 777
Accelerator 8E2 721 891
Clutch 8E2 721 989
Brake 8E1 721 647

My dead pedal was completely wrong and no way it would ever fit. I gave up in the end and put them on ebay!

I didnt get the dead pedal as from what id seen on the Audizine website the could be made to fit but it looked way to cheap for me i was satisfied just having the pedals but they defo dont fit i got the brake on but the Acc pedal it totally wrong it will NEVER fit so i didnt even bother trying the clutch so as you have il just be selling them on i should have listened to bratty when he said if the german site says no they prob wont fit

But hey ho il get rid of them somehow

Anthony

Tony2
15-02-2010, 11:23 PM
PLIFE Check this are we missing something??

Tony2
15-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Iv sussed it the pedal iv got for my acc narrows at the top and the three rubber buttons get progressively smaller as they go up the ones on these pics dont, The acc pedal is almost rectangle thats why mine dont fit!!!

Anthony