PDA

View Full Version : T5 vw transporter

linkscabs
14-05-2007, 12:53 PM
I have a t5 transporter,55 plate.25k miles ,reverse gear has started to jump out of gear,vw are looking at it next week,its under warranty.is this a common problem with these vehicles and is it likely to happen again once its repaired.?

stevie wee
28-06-2007, 07:36 PM
hi sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings but this the least of your problems. Im a taxi driver and own a 54 plate. I work in cambridge and i have a number of friends who have t5's. ok my t5 has done more than the average mileage 220000 miles but still this vehicle takes the mick. sit down and get ready. the flywheels on the t5 lasts approx 70000 miles cost £1000, headgasket 60000 miles warrenty. power steering pump warrenty. air conditioning evrey 50000 miles air con clutch and rubber do nut £150. alternator 180000 miles £800. brake calipers 120000 miles £300. steering pump 200000 miles £800. window catches rubbish. Indicator arm , heater motor three times failed replaced. new front suspension £900 . wheel bearing £260 . I cold go on fair enough the vehilce has done a lot of miles but this has cost me big time. It's not just the cost but i have found the spare parts supply absoulutly appauling always on backorder min three weeks delivery for the most basic of spares. These are very commen faults as out of 30 of these vehicles used as cabs in cambridge they all have similar tales. sorry but these motors look good drive well but underneath they are absolute heaps of crap with a backup from wv that is also crap. my advise sell it and buy a horse and cart not as nice to drive but it will spend less time in the garage and will be easyer to burn when it totally ****** you off :zx11: