PDA

View Full Version : VW Passat CC Now Available as Five-Seater

zf44
22-01-2010, 03:16 PM
http://img.worldcarfans.com/2010/1/medium/163886792.jpg (http://www.worldcarfans.com/110012224155/vw-passat-cc-now-available-as-five-seater/lowphotos#0)

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110012224155/vw-passat-cc-now-available-as-five-seater

eob
22-01-2010, 05:14 PM
B@stard:zx11:
There goes the exclusivity!! They'll be running around with Taxi signs before long.:D

gamichea
22-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Be even more useful for some if they produced it with the hatchback depicted in the dimensional drawing in the brochure.

Shadow CC
22-01-2010, 06:00 PM
doesn't look much fun sitting on that middle seat. Think I'd rather get the bus.

Leigh_Shrimper
22-01-2010, 07:03 PM
With the manual I got with my CC on pages 146 & 149 you can see the rear centre armrest and the rear centre headrest. It looks like there is a 'pop out' drinks holder in the armrest!

The print date of my manual is the 31st August 2009, so it looks like VW have known for a while it would be available as a 5 seater.

smashyvan
03-02-2010, 09:55 AM
I asked my lease company if my CC on order for last month or so could be upgraded t- his was their response

Further to your email below our dealer has advised that the Passat CC is only available as a 4 seat in the UK. The 5 seat is available in some European Countries, but as yet Volkswagen do not have any plans to produce it for the UK market. Therefore, we are unable to add this option.

MalcQV
03-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Colour looks great :D

Focal
04-02-2010, 10:59 PM
If owners were happy to order it as a 4 door then why change ?

If people wanted 5 seats then they should have gone for another model in my view , the idea of a 4 seat car only appealed to me from the beginning .

A Rowley
28-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Guys can fully understand the points on exclusivity BUT there are quite a few of us out there who have two small kids and want a car that has the potential to accomodate a third. Given I normally buy a car to run for 5 years.
The CC ticks every box for me now, large boot, fruggal on the motoway, great looks and spec.

I had a very good chat with Audi about their 4 door A5, (currently drive a A3 sportback) and the lack of the fifth seat being a deal breaker.

£27k plus is still alot to drop on a new car, PCP etc, and to have this option is a very good move by VW.

The badge thing would never be a problem personally, if people want exclusivity then buy the four seat A5 sportback.

One wonders how long Audi will hold out on four seats if sales are sufferring as a result.

colb666
20-06-2010, 08:32 AM
All CC's now come as 5 seaters with GT models including nappa leather,cruise control,sensor pack,bluetouch phone kit,sat nav as standard kit.

The car should have been like this since it was launched IMO

DSG4ME
26-06-2010, 01:29 PM
4 seat option is a waste of time, it killed the Signums ability to sell, the only market it would really appeal to is a bloke who has no kids and likes a sporty looker, normally found in a TT or similar, and lets face it, pretty as the CC is, a TT will always leave the shelf quicker come disposal time.

Shadow CC
26-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Wasn't it the fact that the Signum was as ugly as sin that killed it, rather than the 4 seat thing? Oh and it was a Vauxhall.

I'm still struggling with the 4 seat thing being such a problem. How many times do you have 5 people in your car with no other option e.g. the wife's car. If you have more than 2 kids or are a taxi driver then fair enough but I only have two (kids that is, not taxis) so that makes the CC absolutely perfectly optimum for my requirements.

If seats is such an issue you should check out the Zafira forum or even the following link which should help you out www.plaxtonlimited.co.uk/

Shadow

DSG4ME
27-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Wasn't it the fact that the Signum was as ugly as sin that killed it, rather than the 4 seat thing? Oh and it was a Vauxhall.

I'm still struggling with the 4 seat thing being such a problem. How many times do you have 5 people in your car with no other option e.g. the wife's car. If you have more than 2 kids or are a taxi driver then fair enough but I only have two (kids that is, not taxis) so that makes the CC absolutely perfectly optimum for my requirements.

If seats is such an issue you should check out the Zafira forum or even the following link which should help you out www.plaxtonlimited.co.uk/ (http://www.plaxtonlimited.co.uk/)

Shadow

I suppose that didn't help with the Clarkson obedient public, but if you see one up close it's got quite a presence otr, certainly looked more the part than the Vec Estate did, the dashboard in both was aweful as well I'll give you that, but having owned god knows how many VX cars over the last 23 years, all used to cab in btw, I can say they make a far better car than the motoring press ever allowed itself to admit, and one other thing, take one van and plough it through the side of a Vectra at 60 mph and see how well the shell holds up, me and about 5 other forum members had bad smashes in Vectra C's, we all walked away thx to the integrity of the VX design, including one who did two full rolls in one on Welsh mud one night, and as for company ethics when it comes to fixing your car the VAG group has nothing on VX, and tbh had they designed the Insignia a bit better space wise inside I would be back in a VX now as I feel from a price point and reliability view they are hard to beat.

My Skoda was an equal in the reliablity btw, it beat the Vec's for in cabin feel, I don't think it would've stood up in a smash quite so well though, and she is the reason I stayed in the family with the B6, but sadly I can tell the B6 isn't going to be as good as the B5 and Superb was already.

gamichea
27-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm with Shadow CC on this one. In our case rare to even have four in the car and SWMBO's Qashqai takes five.

For us the main use of the rear seat and footwells is for holidays when the boot is full of luggage/supplies/shopping with the footwells acting as overflow areas and the seat has suit carriers of smarter togs laid across it.

It is being reported VW will be signing off or canning an estate version of the CC come September. Apparently the driver for this is the U.S.A.market where the CC is a big hit. Couple that with the upcoming withdrawal of the Passat saloon/estate from the U.S.A.where the estate is very popular and a hole appears in the product range. The Passat saloon is to be replaced by the much-trailed NMS (new mid-size sedan) of which there is no planned estate version.

cc170gt
21-07-2010, 11:39 PM
Not much point havin a cupboard between seats . lol . Does anyone know of build dates yet?

thax1
22-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Regarding build dates, I was quoted 1st week of September for mine.
Looking at about 4 month lead-time based upon that.

The local VW service centre had a 5seater parked outside a couple of weeks ago still in its shipping wrap, so looks like they are already building them - unless this was bound for their showroom.

DSG4ME
23-07-2010, 01:35 AM
Regarding build dates, I was quoted 1st week of September for mine.
Looking at about 4 month lead-time based upon that.

The local VW service centre had a 5seater parked outside a couple of weeks ago still in its shipping wrap, so looks like they are already building them - unless this was bound for their showroom.

How would you say the CC in 5 seat guise would fair as a taxi, would you say it's too low, and is the rear as roomy as a saloon B6 is?

tia.

BTW, incase you haven't worked it out already, DSG has a soft spot for a CC, so soft infact it's like quicksand. :D

gamichea
23-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Could be difficult for taller people, especially those who have difficulty bending/folding. Increased opportunities for head bumping and less headroom. Legroom is as the saloon/estate.

There is a thread on VwVortex (possibly archived) entitled something like "CC for oldies" where some of the issues have been discussed.

Our combined age is 140, I'm 5'11", SWMBO 5'4" and we've no problems. We are both pretty fit and flexible for our ages, though. We rarely have rear seat passengers.

Seem to remember johnloaderuk has posted on here he had to reject the CC because of his height (6'4"?). Difficulty seeing in the rear view mirror has also been mentioned by other longshanks. That said I drove a CC belonging to one of my dealer's customers who is very tall so he must manage OK. When we go in it the seats were on the floor and the sky was all SWMBO could see through the windscreen.

DSG4ME
23-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Yeah I can see being tall being a problem, 6.4 would test most cars ability to get comfy tbh, so it's got a really raiping c pillar, like an Insignia, so I guess that will be the end of that, not that I can afford one anyway. :o