PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3G/3GS

spellsinger
21-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Heads up - Audi have released a cradle for the iPhone 3G/S- compatible with 3rd Gen. MMI.

Still uses Bluetooth, but connects to car antenna and of course is powered.

Quick warning have heard conflicting reports on other forums about immediate availability - I shall contact the dealer sometime next month.

Part No. for those interested - 8P0.051.435.HC

Mike

pitch3110
21-01-2010, 10:16 PM
ta matey...

I am in the middle of sorting out the O2 account with the business and am thinking of trying an i-phone.

trouble is I have been a BlackBerry user for 3 years and I lov 'em.

we will see and would like a cradle what ever

ta

spellsinger
21-01-2010, 11:17 PM
ta matey...

I am in the middle of sorting out the O2 account with the business and am thinking of trying an i-phone.

trouble is I have been a BlackBerry user for 3 years and I lov 'em.

we will see and would like a cradle what ever

ta

I think as far as business use is concerned it boils down to two things, the actual as opposed to virtual keyboard. And how well the iPhone (or any smart phone) works with your companies mail system.

I resisted the iPhone but was getting frustrated with the operation of other touch screen phones, the iPhone is the only touch screen that I've used successfully and easily with the myriad banking menu options, select 1, select 2 etc..

Mike

Rusk
25-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I have been chasing Audi since I got my 3GS and they released the cradle for it around November and it is avaliable now (Reading and Slough both tell me they can get them). However I asked for a quote and both said £135!!!! So as much as I want it I cannot find a reason to spend that!

spellsinger
25-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I have been chasing Audi since I got my 3GS and they released the cradle for it around November and it is avaliable now (Reading and Slough both tell me they can get them). However I asked for a quote and both said £135!!!! So as much as I want it I cannot find a reason to spend that!

Exorbitant though it may be, it is about par for most "German" cradles.

Mike

Geordie Amanda
26-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I am still confused by the Audi phone compatibility. I am thinking about changing to an iphone 3GS as I can’t get the phone I want with Orange, but wish to stay with them. But hopefully if I can successfully sync the iphone with my PC I will have about 500+ contacts in it, far too many to fit on the SIM. I have read that the iphone works brilliantly with the Audi system, but if I got an A4 S-Line with the basic Bluetooth built in, would all my contacts appear in the MMI menu? If not could I get away with just the ‘Bluetooth low’ spec? or will this also not be able to access all my contacts?

A1exp
26-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I have an Audi iPhone 3G cradle (bought 12 months ago) and both an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3GS.

I normally use my 3G in the cradle but having nipped outside and tried, the 3GS fits in the cradle fine, charges correctly and is recognised by the car's bluetooth.

The only thing I can't tell is whether the aerial is connected but I assume it is.

I have an A4 MY2009 S-Line with Bluetooth "Low" phone-prep (no nav) and my contacts/missed calls/received calls appear on the MMI fine.

The only issue I sometimes have is if I fail to delete my missed/received calls list for a few months the car chokes trying to load the list, presumably because of the number of entries. Clearing the list periodically fixes this.

The older 3G cradle is on eBay for £100 but what works for me may not work for you!

mattgee
01-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I am still confused by the Audi phone compatibility. I am thinking about changing to an iphone 3GS as I can’t get the phone I want with Orange, but wish to stay with them. But hopefully if I can successfully sync the iphone with my PC I will have about 500+ contacts in it, far too many to fit on the SIM. I have read that the iphone works brilliantly with the Audi system, but if I got an A4 S-Line with the basic Bluetooth built in, would all my contacts appear in the MMI menu? If not could I get away with just the ‘Bluetooth low’ spec? or will this also not be able to access all my contacts?

There is an option that is given for you to select what you want to sync with...i went sim/phone - you cant go wrong, everyone was there!!

Geordie Amanda
02-02-2010, 12:13 AM
There is an option that is given for you to select what you want to sync with...i went sim/phone - you cant go wrong, everyone was there!!

Thanks, when I tried to sync my WinMo 6.1 phone (Htc TyTn II) I didn’t see that option, so perhaps it’s only with compatible phones.

NikB
18-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Just ordered cradle for 3g / 3gs from Audi for £105

Nano Jake
20-03-2010, 10:10 AM
On the subject of iPhones, does anyone have the problem of the ringer being extremely loud when paired via bt?

Cheers
Jake.