PDA

View Full Version : Question leaking into footwell

c parnell
21-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I have a 58 plate avant 140 diesel multitronic,
Has anyone had the problem of water leaking into drivers side footwell. I have had mats in place so i have only just discovered it, and if so was it easily sorted?

mkc
22-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Are you sure its not wet footprints? My car smells like a wet dog at the moment. The getting in and out of the car with snow on my feet drenched the footwell. The mat is soaked and it went through to the carpet underneath. Currently drying out the mat with Shak'N'Vak and a radiator. I doubt very much the car is leaking but you never know.

73kingstonroad
23-01-2010, 05:13 PM
I noticed the same.
I have OEM rubber mats fixed on top of the OEM car mats.
The rubber mats have dried ok since the snow and the car mats underneath are bone dry, but the floor carpet in the drivers foot were are soaking wet. I had to give it a good rub down with a towel and then left to dry for a while.
Not had chance to check again, but I will do tomorrow when I sort out the car prior to giving it back to Audi...

Why am I giving it back to Audi you ask...... Cos my new A5 in ready to collect. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

daffs
30-01-2010, 09:42 PM
After reading this recently I uncliped my mats when I washed the car today.
These were dealer supplied carpet mats with a rubber backing.
I too found the drivers side foot well carpet quite damp.
Mostly to the front & left.
Also felt a bit waxy, (different to oily :-))

My car is A4 /08 plate.
Has anyone been to the dealers yet?

Tony2
30-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Iv had a problem like this before on another car.......

Check the run offs in the engine bay (near where the wipers sit) these channel water away to stop it flowing into the car, sometimes they get blocked and this can cause water ingress to the dashboard and ultimately into the foot-wells under the mats......

Another cause could be a fracture in the washer fluid bottle sometimes this has resulted in damp patches inside audis before....

It may be neither of these but there worth knowing and checking for the future

Cheers guys

Anthony

c parnell
01-02-2010, 12:59 PM
It seems to have stayed dry now, so i think it was the amount of snow we have had.:Blush2:

Burfy
05-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Hi guys I noticed my 09plate A4 avante has been steaming up alot inside lately so I lifted all the floor mats and pressed my hand into the carpet...... the passenger side front is very wet.... infact water puddles around my hand :zx11:
I noticed water running down the trims and dash from behind the A pillar cover trim.
I have the sun roof in so could it be a drain pipe come off, or does the rear washer pipe run up there?
I also noticed the rear washer doesn't work?

Looks like I need to lift the carpet and dry it out with a fan heater....

Any one with any info would be greatly appriciated.

goader
07-12-2012, 04:30 PM
similiar problem. Audi repaired under warranty. Seems other have had issues

Wet carpets water leak (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?138275-Wet-carpets-water-leak)