PDA

View Full Version : Sharan Parking sensor Problem

adnw1965
19-01-2010, 09:53 PM
:1zhelp:The washer hose joint came away on my 04 Sharan there was 2 inch of water in the passenger footwell and my parking sensors did not work no power at all I took the pdc out and dryed it I thought I may get some power back even if it was the orange light on the dash button but nothing I have looked for a fuse but can't find one does anyone know if the system is protected by fuse I don't want to purchase a new unit if it is just a fuse

drodders
20-01-2010, 05:59 PM
check the relays that are under the pass seat where it was flooded...

adnw1965
20-01-2010, 08:11 PM
I didnt know there where any relays under there will check them out thanks

adnw1965
22-01-2010, 04:49 PM
checked under the seat could not find any relays

drodders
23-01-2010, 12:52 PM
if not there you have a fuse board behind your fuse board murder to get to or have a look on www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford (http://www.fordgalaxy.org.uk/ford) youll have to register & do a search on there its also in the q&a section & it may even have pictures,sorry i couldnt help any more...alls i can say the start of your problems are under the pass seat footwell when it fills up..

laddy6819
04-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi, my sensors did work when i bought my car an 04 sharan,but then started playing up and eventually not working,i had no water engress in the footwell but have been told this is a common problem with the parking sensors. I changed the module which cost £100 and this rectified the problem for a couple of days and then the problem came back,are there relays to the side of the pdc module,any views would be most welcomed.

drodders
04-02-2010, 11:35 PM
do they work at all or do you select say reverse and just get a constant beep and light flash on console...

laddy6819
05-02-2010, 12:07 AM
They sometimes work but mostly not but the switch does flash.Found it strange but they always work if i am parked underground in a car park,but not always when outside.:zx11:

drodders
05-02-2010, 12:31 PM
it might just be a faulty sensor,to check if one is faulty put it in reverse with just the ignition on dont start the bus then go to the back of car get on your hands & knees and listen to each sensor you will hear a little very low ticking noise,then crawl to each of them and you may find there is one that doesnt make a noise that is the culprit when it happened on my last one when i took it out there was no slack on the cable so it was getting dragged when you leaned on the back bumper to load the boot i just had to replace the one lucky enough but i got mine from a scrapy so i got 3 for £10.failing that it could just be dirt on the connection so may need to clean them all...or may be a dodgy switch you could always get it put on a machine but get on your hands & knees first...

laddy6819
08-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the reply drodders will try it out tomorrow,would it be the same for the fronts too. You would of thought if a sensor went down the others would still work though or are they wired in series that would explain them not working.Will let you know the outcome,thanks again.

laddy6819
09-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Hello again,got on my knees and listened to sensors,they all made a noise so it would seem they are all working.Got on my back and had a look at the connectors on the rear sensors and all seemed fine but i disconnected each one and sprayed electrical cleaner on each plug and they all work fine now. I think there may have been some build up of dirt on the connections. Happy bunny now but could of saved myself £100 on a new module, threw the old one away. :biglaugh:

Funky Ferret
15-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks - used this to identify a non-working sensor on my Sharan which I traced to a broken wire which I fixed myself saving a lot of £££'s. Simple DIY job & no re-programming :-)