PDA

View Full Version : Important '99 2.5 TDI Quattro Auto - Overheating?

jonnycraig
19-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Problem arose over the past few days, both my water temp and oil temp have not really ever registered anything rarely rising above 60oC even on a long journey, but I just see that as a steady reading.

Driving home from work on Fri the water temp starts rising to what would be about 80oC and beyond (to scared to let it go any further) So Im presuming after many months of a steady temp and rise in temp is bad? Also how could I tell the car is actually overheating and not just a faulty sensor or guage?

If I put the heater on HI and full open the windows lol it goes back down to normal about 60oC (or what I presume is normal). Header fluid is ok its the pink stuff and sits just above min on cold and rises about half way when warm.

Ive searched around the forum for possible answers, ranging from a simple faulty temp sensor to the plastic impeller in the water pump shattering. My powersteering rack replacement back in Nov cost me the guts of £400 so funds are a mega prob!!

Any help what so ever would be much appreciated

Jonny

olds_kool
19-01-2010, 03:03 PM
as with replies youve got on as.net 90 deg is normal temp and your thermostat is probably knackered, belts off to change unfortunatly

jonnycraig
19-01-2010, 03:40 PM
as with replies youve got on as.net 90 deg is normal temp and your thermostat is probably knackered, belts off to change unfortunatly

Lol good observation :Blush: seeing me post on AS.net too.... cool Ill have to ask around to see who'll not rip me off and get it looked at and fixed!!

Cheers

Jonny