PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Key matching with vagcom

mattiustherebel
19-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I have tried the various key matching procedures for central locking but havent managed to get any of them to work with my car.
I can do the immobiliser matching just not central locking.

have tried changing the transponder chip in the keys to reprogramable ones but still no luck.

In the sticky it says that you can enter the key manually with vag com, i have searched but cannot find how to do this? can anyone tell me how?

olds_kool
19-01-2010, 12:22 PM
are you trying to get fob parts for remote c/l to work? there nothing to do with transponder

what car, year, pump and fob part numbers?

mattiustherebel
19-01-2010, 12:27 PM
yeah its the fob im trying to get working.

its a 1998 Audi A4 SE B5, fob numbers match the original key i have that works but the label seems a bit different with part number VDO 410.819/6/2.

There are so many key matching procedures on the net and i have tried them all but none work, i have replaced the batteries and verified the fobs are working, but my car just wont match them.

olds_kool
19-01-2010, 03:07 PM
if this doesnt work then you possibly have the wrong fob

remote fob coding

1. insert key into ignition and turn on (turn one notch do not start car) does not matter what type of key as long as it is coded to the immobiliser i.e capable of starting car

2. insert second key (fob type) into drivers door lock and turn to lock car

3. press unlock button on fob once (indicator should flash), wait six seconds press unlock button again, car will unlock, remove key

4. open door and remove key from ignition, close door and press lock/unlock buttons on fob, car should now lock/unlock

to code a second fob

follow steps 1 + 2 using second fob to be coded to lock drivers door then press unlock button twice, wait six seconds and press unlock again, then go to step 4

up to four keys can be coded to the pump, for third key you would press unlock 3 times, wait 6 seconds etc.... if you code key two but only press once it would replace key one as you would be storing it in position one

mattiustherebel
19-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Thats what i thought, but the fobs have exactly the same codes.

mattiustherebel
19-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know how to match the key using vag com?

olds_kool
19-01-2010, 08:40 PM
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/vw-remote-matching.html

mattiustherebel
19-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Great now i have managed to clear the excisting remote off the system, and it wont sync either!

none of the procedures work at all!

olds_kool
20-01-2010, 12:42 PM
the procedures do work just not on your car so id guess the ussue lies with your pump if you cant get the the one that did work to sync again

where abouts are you