PDA

View Full Version : fabia electric windows

treddall
17-01-2010, 06:39 PM
Since the cold spell my electric windows (front) do not work. Fabia 1.9TDi 07.
They do not make a sound, the 2 fuses are ok and they do not 'reset' using the key in the drivers door lock. Any help please. Will disconnecting the battery effect a reset?. Thanks

vtsnick
17-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Disconnecting the battery can be a very bad thing in these cars, especially when it comes to when you need fault codes diagnosed as a whole heep of things will crop up with the reconnection of the battery (might not mean anything true, but the sensors will all see a jump in ampage and throw out a code accordingly) try lifting up the switch panal, get your nails under on one side and pull up. Then check the connector block is in place ok.

Try the switch on the other side door too

vtsnick
08-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Any luck mate? Could be one of the connector blocks under the steering wheel if youve been under there etc? A 12v probe can be very handy, also to get around the memory loose of unplugging a car battery, cheap 9v memory adaptors for cigarette lighters can be bought!

treddall
09-04-2010, 11:02 AM
Thanks. I am having it VAG scanned on Monday by Skoda dealer who believes it is the convenience unit at fault because the windows reset for a few minutes after the fuses are removed. The service manager is then going to phone Skoda while I am there to try to get them to assist in any repair as the car is only a couple of weeks out of warranty and only done 8000 miles.