PDA

View Full Version : MK2 1800 8v digiphant need more power

Big Bad Boatsy
13-05-2007, 02:48 PM
I have just got my 1989 mk 2 Gti on the road i raced my mate who has put a 1.8t lump in his mk 2 he could only manage to pull half a meter in front of me on a qtr mile which i was buzzing over however i want to get more power out of my engine safely what is the best approch in doing this because i really want to beat him an prove to him his conversion was a waste of time speed wise what can i do?:beerchug:

Fry GTI
02-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi, For a quick fix have you thought about nitrous. 50 bhp shot should be fine providing your engine is strong to start with. This way you will only need to use it to beat your mate and can still drive round in a safe daily runabout.

JamesSvr6
17-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Running on higher octance and stripping interior out would be the cheapest way. I think nitrous is under-rated. A basic single point injection 50bhp shot will not be too expensive and providing it's setup properly it's reliable and won't put too much extra stress on the engine & box. I have considered it for my mk2vr6 swap.

zollaf
17-04-2012, 04:58 PM
the op, seems to have disappered after his post, which was 5 years ago. wonder what he did in the end, probably wrapped it round a lamp post.