PDA

View Full Version : 2006 S8 Servicing?

regjames
14-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Hi guys

I have got a 2006 Audi S8 and it has covered 80,000 miles. Its telling me that its due a service.

Does anyone know what would be involved in the service for a car of that mileage? Also a rough idea of cost?

cheers

Gerbil
15-01-2010, 05:20 PM
The service history book should tell you what needs doing, and what has been done. If the car has been main dealer maintained a fair bit of history will be on the Audi system.

Mine is the other end of the scale from the S8: 2005 3.0 Petrol V6 - But I assume the S8 petrol will be similar:

If Cambelt has not been done, then main dealer will be about £1000+ (every 70-80k)

Gearbox Oil - no idea what this costs as my gearbox failed before I got there! (every 40k)

Spark plugs should last 6 years, so they should be okay.

Many people recommend replacing the coil packs (3 out of 6 of mine failed between 76-80k, so I had all of them changed) about £40 each - x 8 for the S8 £240

Some main dealers seem to be willing to give discounts on large jobs so worth shopping around, if you live somewhere where there is a choice. In my case Audi UK chipped in a fair bit on the cambelt as a goodwill gesture, which saved me several hundreds.

Independant servicers are going to be cheaper, but there is always a risk with using them.

Hope this helps?

Lovely cars the A8s, but not cheap!!

Cheers