PDA

View Full Version : my oil pressure light flashes and rev counter has stoped working

DUBTUB
13-05-2007, 04:25 AM
As i use this car all the time, get to work and ferry the kids about i would appreciate a quick solution to this. The cars a golf early 94 mk3 2.0l gl, the engine is a 2e type.
the oil light started to flash and the rev counter stopped working at the same time. The oil was a little low so topped it up and no change. have been driving car today and when i press the breaks the light stops and rev counter starts to work a little, not getting over a 1000rpm read, if i turn the lights on and heater onto setting three it all works fine.

gteyes
19-05-2007, 10:27 AM
check your earths sounds like a poor earth

eribar
20-10-2007, 08:01 PM
As i use this car all the time, get to work and ferry the kids about i would appreciate a quick solution to this. The cars a golf early 94 mk3 2.0l gl, the engine is a 2e type.
the oil light started to flash and the rev counter stopped working at the same time. The oil was a little low so topped it up and no change. have been driving car today and when i press the breaks the light stops and rev counter starts to work a little, not getting over a 1000rpm read, if i turn the lights on and heater onto setting three it all works fine.
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?

Eric

onzarob
21-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Hi, I have exactly the same problem, did you find a solution?

Eric

The problem would be electrics . bad connection etc;)