PDA

View Full Version : VW Golf Mk4, electric windows problem??

churd_smith
12-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi there, just recently purchased a 2001 mk4 Golf, all is well, however, when i unlock the car (central locking) via the key in the drivers door, all the electric windows come down??? But if i unlock the car from the passenger side, the windows stay up??

Can anyone help me as to why this is happenin as it is quite annoying unlocking the car and all the windows coming down themselves.

Also, the car did not come with a Key Fob, only 2 standard keys, would it be possible to buy a key fob and program it to the car for remote central locking as i read somewhwere that golfs come with remote locking as standard?

Thanks for any replys.

shooey88
13-05-2007, 12:11 AM
r u holding the key over for too long?
if u unlock the car holding the key in the unlock position for few seconds all the windows come down...it is supposed to do this
if you hold it in the lock position (try it) all the elctric windows will go up...perfectly normal safety feature

maybe its ur own personal error...holding the key in the position too long....or that the microswitch mechanism is siezed and gets stuck in that position....so just lubricate it

as for a key fob..... you cant code a remote if you havent got that equipment and fucntion on your car....thats what i believe as some people put after market remote central locking with cars that dont have the function.
if im wrong please let me know..as wanted remote central locking on my mark 4 golf but didnt have it...just had central locking but no remote.

Eshrules
13-05-2007, 12:49 AM
r u holding the key over for too long?
if u unlock the car holding the key in the unlock position for few seconds all the windows come down...it is supposed to do this
if you hold it in the lock position (try it) all the elctric windows will go up...perfectly normal safety feature

maybe its ur own personal error...holding the key in the position too long....or that the microswitch mechanism is siezed and gets stuck in that position....so just lubricate it

as for a key fob..... you cant code a remote if you havent got that equipment and fucntion on your car....thats what i believe as some people put after market remote central locking with cars that dont have the function.
if im wrong please let me know..as wanted remote central locking on my mark 4 golf but didnt have it...just had central locking but no remote.

i agree about the function of the windows, mine does it and im sure its a standard feature of the range as has been described.

as for the remote central locking, you dont tell us what model your golf is, if it is close to base model,you will not have remote central locking, it is not a standard feature throughout the range. central locking is, yes, but REMOTE central locking is not, nor is the alarm system.

if you didnt get a remote with the car and it is either an S or SE model (although i think SE came with RCL as standard) then your best bet will be to install an aftermarket unit which integrates an alarm and RCL :beerchug:

churd_smith
13-05-2007, 07:26 AM
hi there thanks for the replys, i have a VW Golf S 2001, if this helps anymore, glad about the window thing!

Thanks