PDA

View Full Version : Concert CD0 LOAD error

chris.r.
14-01-2010, 04:28 PM
I've been trying the whole day to find a solution to the problem when the Concert radio shows CD0 LOAD and nothing works even though the CD turns (I had opened the box).

It always seems to happen when I start the engine, there must be some voltage instability/drop. Only when I take the key off and switch the radio off and on again it works normal - until I start the engine...:confused:

I tried to lay a cable directly from the battery but this didn't really help either (normally it is connected via the radio's constant +12V output).

Could it be that my battery is on the way out as the voltage drop is too bad (I think down to 9V while cranking)?

chris_r
14-01-2010, 04:54 PM
Had a Golf GTi once. The radio kept going off and it turned out to be the ignition switch. It's a common fault apparently.

chris.r.
14-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Hm, could be. I will get my battery checked first I think.

chris_r
14-01-2010, 05:30 PM
If anything there should be an increase from 12 to about 14.5v when you start the engine because the alternator is returning charge to the battery. You can test this with a multi meter at the battery. If your battery was on the way out the cd player would be one of the last things to stop working. You'd notice the engine failing to turn over before the cd player went dead.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but I'll bet the problem is with the player it's self or the ignition switch.

chris.r.
14-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I see...hmm...maybe I should simply invest into a good aftermarket thingy, also since I have the volume button problem...:(

chris_r
14-01-2010, 06:32 PM
When I got my A4 it only had a cassette deck. I already had a Pioneer CD head unit so that was the first thing to go in.

If you do choose to put an after market unit in you'll need a wiring harness adapter, there are about half a dozen depending on your speaker configuration, and an aerial amplifier as the stock unit normally does that job. Speak to an audio engineer regarding the parts you need, they're usually more than willing to help.