PDA

View Full Version : alarm problem

freeze101
12-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Hi there

I have recently had the battery disconected on my corrado and now the alarm wont work ,when I press the button on the remote nothing happens I figure it need reprogramming but does anyone know how to do this ,,the alarm is a factory fitted one and it has quantum wrote on the remote i beleive they are scorpion alarms renamed for vw and audi ??? the remote has a flat panel and you choose push it to arm and diarm the alarm it is also total closure system

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

freeze

adamoliver
06-12-2007, 12:45 AM
I have a vw polo 1999 which also has a scorpion alarm,which i only discovered recently, as i thought it was factory fitted.

Anyway, my battery went flat on my car,so i got a jump and things are fine, then my alarm stopped working so i changed battery in keb fob, still no luck with alarm.
Been in touch with vw and some car locksmiths, to no avail, searched for key fob type on net found it was made by scorpionand also found this which may help, havent tried myself yet, thought would look on here for any advise but isnt any. Anyhow try this:

“Hi I had a similar problem on my mk3 cabriolet, the battery went flat and after jump starting the alarm no longer worked with the key fobs.[:^(]

I rang scorpion who said it was caused by the sparking whilst jump starting which had upset the alarm and I could send it to them with £35 to re-program it.[:x]

So I took the glove box out and pulled out the box, but once I had disconnected and reconnected the plugs a few times it started working fine again![:o]

It all works ok now just like it used to! So before you part with any money give it a few plug ins and outs to see if it will fix itself.”

let me know if it helps

Adam Oliver

16v mad
16-04-2008, 10:17 PM
freeze 101
i have worked with quantum alarms arond the late 80's early 90;s and they were made for vw,ive been inside a few especially the qa2 alarm and all the bits are moss security bits even the wire plugs are the same as moss.then they stopped doing them cause they were pants and moved on to scorpion so i dont think quantum are scorpion alarms