PDA

View Full Version : Question 1-zone climate on standard trim

vagman-p
13-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I demo'd a 2.0tdie in SE trim recently with 3 zone climate, but can only order the base model. It has 1 zone climate - does anyone have any experience of this? is it any good? I noticed in a pic I found that it does not have a temp display like the 3 zone version, so does it display this on the screen?

Soot1e
13-01-2010, 07:28 AM
In the 1 zone climate control system the temperature dial appears in the display in the MMI when you turn the rotary contol knob, allowing you to see what temperature you are setting. Once set the visual graphic disappears and the temperature which you have set now appears next to the time readout along the bottom of the MMI, just remember it is not the external temperature display!!.

The climate control system works just as well as the 3 zone (except for the individual control for the passengers).

ScottyUK
13-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm happy to have rear airvents (for the kids) but I'm still not convinced how the temperature works compared with the fronts.

nickhx
13-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Slightly off topic, but I have 3 zone climate control, and recently I have noticed that there is very little air being pushed out through the central column vents (both open of course!), when the air conditioning is set to Auto. When I manually select the central vents using the controls, air is pushed out through the central vents so they are obviously working ok.

Could it be a problem with the air conditioning sensors or the Auto mode, or is this the normal way that the airconditioning system works (prioritising the side vents rather than those in the central column when heating up the car)?

Thanks!

troc
13-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I think it's just an auto thing, my car does the same.

vagman-p
13-01-2010, 08:19 PM
thanks for the replies.

To be honest, when I was using the 3-zone in the demo, I just set them both the same.

What's the chorus stereo like in the base trim? (sorry for all the questions!)

cheers

mkc
13-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I think ive got the Chorus in my S Line, that is to say its not the B&O hifi. Its just the standard one. I would say it sounds pretty good to be honest. However, as the Standard spec got less speakers than the SE/SLine. Its a bloody minefield.