PDA

View Full Version : Coming Home Lights ?

Arthercrow
12-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi

Got 170 DSG GT in Autumn Brown with Corn Silk Beige/Black interior with optional wood trim, Sat Nav, Cruise control, heated windscreen, Sun roof, Ipod MDI, rear camera and park assist on Friday last week.

Sorted out most of the programming, where to put highway DAB and aerial etc.

I cannot for the life of me get the coming home lights to operate, they are set in options (the leaving home is fine) I have tried everything on every forum, but I still cant get them to work. Has anyone that actually has them, got them working and how?.

Arthercrow

eob
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Yank the Hi beam after you remove the key but before you open the door ;)

eob
12-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Welcome BTW, just noticed that this is your first post.
Nice spec list, is it a private or company car?
I had to retrofit cruise, rear parking and bluetooth to my GT which is a co-car. Nav and the optical parking/rear camera would have been nice. I can live without the leather though, had it in my last couple of cars and I like the cloth trim. Honest. :Blush2:

Arthercrow
13-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Okay

Apparently tried every option....... except that one. Thanks.

It is indeed a company car, which is what causes the problems, I wanted DAB but also Sat NAV and for some strange reason not a compatible option for VW, hence the Pure Highway, two things wrong with that, finding somewhere for a decent DAB aerial that works on the M4 corridor, cant stick amplified one to the front or rear screens due to heater elements and don't want a mag mount stuck on the outside, the other one is finding a 12 volt source that is live in the Auxiliary key (fob) position, that doesn't involve drilling any holes anywhere. Got told off for that in the last one. I really want to fit puddle lights as well as I miss that and the ambient lighting, but will have to wait for warmer days before i pull it apart.

stuarthodgson
15-01-2010, 01:35 PM
Hi

Got 170 DSG GT in Autumn Brown with Corn Silk Beige/Black interior with optional wood trim, Sat Nav, Cruise control, heated windscreen, Sun roof, Ipod MDI, rear camera and park assist on Friday last week.

Sorted out most of the programming, where to put highway DAB and aerial etc.

I cannot for the life of me get the coming home lights to operate, they are set in options (the leaving home is fine) I have tried everything on every forum, but I still cant get them to work. Has anyone that actually has them, got them working and how?.

Arthercrow

Hi Arthercrow, I picked up my 2.0 GT just before Christmas with a simiar spec to yours - I was thinking about fitting a Pure unit and wondered if you could me a bit of info around your set up? Where/how have you mounted it, are you using the FM transmitter or the aux in, what aerial are you using etc?

Would be grateful for any info TIA.

Stuart

Arthercrow
15-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I used a magmount aerial from a wireless USB TV Stick, extended the cable, I have the aerial stuck on the front (inside) edge of the Sunroof, I have bent the aerial so it is parallel with the glass and ran the cable around the sunroof to the passenger side B pillar, then tucked the cable inside the door trim all the way to the front then under the glove box and around the centrer consul to the Arm rest box. the power comes via a belkin micro cigarette adapter and 90 degree usb cable at the rear of the arm rest. I connect it via the FM and it works perfectly with absolutely no drop out or interference. I tried other aerials with no joy as I didn't want anything external and the windscreen ones I tried were rubbish.

I did spend some time trying to get the cable under the headlining but ran out of time (it is not as easy as it first looks) and be very careful of removing any plastic screw covers as it is really brittle plastic in places.

This works for me as I tend to leave it on one DAB channel anyway, and use the FM radio for everything else.

The few passengers I have had in the car have not noticed it all.

The only draw backs are the visibility of the cable by the b pillar and the cigarette lighter socket is not live in the Aux key (fob) position, these are next to fix when it is warmer.

I have tried to upload photos but no joy so far, I will try again later unless anybody has suggestions on uploading photos.

Hope this helps

Arthercrow
15-01-2010, 06:06 PM
Photos here

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/peterd.swann/Desktop?authkey=Gv1sRgCL30hrui3KG9sgE&feat=directlink