PDA

View Full Version : audi cab 2.6 v6

tdigolf
12-01-2010, 09:39 PM
hi there i havnt posted in this section before as i have a golf but my dad has a 1997 audi 80 cab has a 2.6v6 and the auto box, leather interiror ect.. the car has 1250000 miles onit, we use it as our holiday car as we have place in france and bring it back every year for mot ect.. just out of interest has any one ever replaced the seat belt tensioners on these? as ours dont coil back in very quick at all and are normaly left on the seat and getting caught in the door if your not carefull and we have a bush or some thing off as theres a rumbling noise when you go over a bump and when you put it into a bend while pressing on it tends to "jump accross the road" if that makes sense has any one had any thing like this? we spend alot of money on her last year the dials were broke so we sourced some audi s2 dials, renewed all the door trimms on the bottom and had all the wheels reconditioned aswell as replacing the coolent pipe at the front of the car which runs the fill length of the engine.. i have got some pics of the car in my profile pics.. many thanks tom

BoraHighline
17-01-2010, 10:00 AM
I've just bought a 1996 V6 manual and have been told that worn out bushes are a common problem on them. I also have have the same problem with my seat belts not retracting so would be interested if someone has a cure.

Cheers Chris.

tdigolf
17-01-2010, 09:58 PM
right i will have a look at the bushs at some point next week.. i need to fit a new startermotor as the bendex is sticking on it and it takes a few times to get it to come out.. i am getting a price from audi tomorrow for new seatbelts i will post on here what the prices are.. regards tom

BoraHighline
17-01-2010, 11:37 PM
It will be interesting to see how much new seat belts are. I can get hold of some second hand ones easily but i expect they will be just as bad as my originals.

rmccomiskie
08-02-2010, 01:19 AM
right i will have a look at the bushs at some point next week.. i need to fit a new startermotor as the bendex is sticking on it and it takes a few times to get it to come out.. i am getting a price from audi tomorrow for new seatbelts i will post on here what the prices are.. regards tom

The starter problem could be as simple as a bad ignition switch. Common Audi problem in 1990s vintage cars.

The seat belts get dirty and somewhat stiff so the retractor mechanism has difficulty dragging it over the rollers. Try pulling the belt out fully, clean it with soap and water, let it dry. Then spray the belt with silicone lubricant and let it dry fully. Cleaning softens the belt and the silicone makes it slippery so it slides over the rollers.

BoraHighline
08-02-2010, 09:07 AM
Brilliant, will give that a go on the seat belts as they are quite annoying as they are.

Cheers.