PDA

View Full Version : New CC Owner - Questions

Geo1965
12-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Firstly I must say that I am so pleased that I found this site as it has already proved extremely informative and useful and in most cases much more so that the VW dealerships and VW website. Thanks to all those contributors to date.

I took delivery of a Passat CC 1.8 TSI 1 week after seeing it. A pre-registered vehicle on lease with full telephone prep, RNS510 etc. I have only managed about 150 miles in it due to the weather but considering that I went shopping for a Golf or Passat and the CC wasn't even on the radar - but very pleased with it and already the window cleaner is thinking of getting one later in the year after seeing it and some friends are looking for a test drive.

Questions now...
:confused:Any easy way of getting an iPod to link to the AUX input and have the display show the tracks, albums etc and be able to control the iPod? Already using a Belkin AUX lead and have ordered a 16GB SD card - if this is the recommended method for music.
:confused:I have read all of the frustration re the iPhone and share in this as it was one of the things I discussed wit the salesman. However I have been "offered" the new Bluetooth Touch Phone Kit as a £250 option that apparently will work with the iPhone - any comments? I am reluctant to buy a second rSAP phone just to have in the car considering that the phones plus contract are about the same price as the above option.

I look forward to giving an update once I get the car out for a decent run but already "I really like it!" considering it wasn't even a 4th, 5th or 6th choice intially.

Cheers all...

gamichea
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Hi, welcome. Can't help with Ipod or Iphone but can recommend the SDHC card approach. Just format FAT32 and copy mp3 tracks from your PC. Not set up any playlists on the card yet, simply organised it by genre, artist and CD using Windows dir folders.......... :Blush: ahem, nearly showed my age by calling them directories! Insert the card, select it from the media menu and navigate the folders. Play starts automatically in the root folder so I've just put in there Pink Floyd's Welcome To The Machine which seems sort of appropriate.

eob
12-01-2010, 05:42 PM
You cannot get AUX connection to control the iPod, it is not a data connection. It is just Left and Right channel audio.
The data card is the cheapest method although it can be slow to boot if you have lots of MP3s. Make sure you buy the fastest card you can afford. Class 6 IIRC.

mark381
13-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Dont mean to Hijack the thread but hopefully this will help the OP. What brands/ types of sdhc card are people using? I had a 4gb sdhc card that gave an error message when inserted, the card works fine in other devices PC, camera etc. Mine is a 170 GT with RNS, I believe it may be a 2009 model although I took delivery in November '09 as the MFD between the dials is black and white not colour (if this makes a difference), handbook says it will take up to 32gb sdhc.

gamichea
13-01-2010, 09:51 AM
.......... I believe it may be a 2009 model although I took delivery in November '09 as the MFD between the dials is black and white not colour (if this makes a difference........

Mine was built 18/11/09 (so 2010 MY?) and has the B&W MFD.

mark381
13-01-2010, 06:37 PM
In that case then mine may be a 2010, how do I find out when it was built, is the date on it somewhere? I do not have the logbook as its a lease vehicle.

gamichea
13-01-2010, 09:31 PM
It may be coded in the VIN, as is the build site. There is a website for decoding VAG VINs but I cannot remember the name. A Google for "Volkswagen VIN" might find it for you.

STEWY L
13-01-2010, 09:41 PM
have a read of this earlier thread,
http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=12454&highlight=vag+vin
regards,
stewy.

mark381
14-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks guys I will check up, I assumed that the 2010 models were being fitted with a colour MFD, did think it was strange that my car which was on order for 5 months and arrived in November was a 2009, but differences are small so I was not too bothered (Its a lease car). What SD cards are you guys using?

Geo1965
14-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the input although the thread has gone a bit off topic - as these things sometimes do.

I haven't posted earlier as having "discussions" with the dealership - Verve Wishaw - re their inability to refund the intial deposit on the car as promised and their inaility to come up with the several incentives discussed during the sales process. Also they still can't get an answer on the bluetouch kit being iPhone compatible and have referred it to VAG Technical team.

mark381
14-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Geo, sorry my fault it went off topic. With regard to the bluetooth, I have the integrated VW one with pop out keypad. Fortunately my phone is a Nokia 6300 which is fully compatible and its a fantastic system, from phonebook features, voice activation even texts being displayed in the MFD, although not too sure how safe this is when driving! If you can get the VW system working somehow I would highly recommend it. No experience of the alternatives that you mention.

Geo1965
14-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Mark- no worries it's all good relevant info. Based on your own experiences I did some more research and found a list of rSAP phones (which I'll post later) and have just bought a 6303. Thanks for the help.

Geo1965
14-01-2010, 09:26 PM
As promised re rSAP compatible phones...and interstingly enought not from any of the maufacturers but from another VW forum - http://www.scirocconet.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3716

Scroll down to find the list.

I hope this helps - my new 6303 works perfectly now and the sound quality is great but still a bit of a pain to have 2 phones but less pain than a £250 retro option.

Still waiting on the SDHC card to get the music on but I'm sure this will work fine.

Cheers folks. :beerchug:

reprosteve
15-01-2010, 08:54 AM
Hi
You have the RNS510 then you will have about 17gb of space on the Sat Nav HD plus a DVD drive I burn 4.7gb DVDs with mp3s on, do you have the 6 cd in the glove box?
If you load up the HD with full albums (but leave some space) then you can make up play lists on the HD, by copying individual tracks into a new folder.
Steve
PS So thats 18gb on HD, 32gb on SD, 4.7gb on DVD and 6cds plus I can still plug my iPhone in the AUX in the Armrest how much music can one have in the car :D

Geo1965
17-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Hi
You have the RNS510 then you will have about 17gb of space on the Sat Nav HD plus a DVD drive I burn 4.7gb DVDs with mp3s on, do you have the 6 cd in the glove box?
If you load up the HD with full albums (but leave some space) then you can make up play lists on the HD, by copying individual tracks into a new folder.
Steve
PS So thats 18gb on HD, 32gb on SD, 4.7gb on DVD and 6cds plus I can still plug my iPhone in the AUX in the Armrest how much music can one have in the car :D

Steve - thanks for the advice and pointing out to me that sometimes the most obvious solution is right in front of you - I hadn't even thought of burning CD's and putting them in the changer as well as the SD card and the DVD drive as well. I'm in the process of converting the tracks in iTunes from aac to wma for the SD card so I should have more than enough tunes and playlists etc. I appreciate the input. :biglaugh:

reprosteve
18-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Hi
The Multi CD in the glove box is only for normal CDs. I've still not worked out why mine came with a multi CD would have been better with the iPod connector.

Geo1965
18-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Hi
The Multi CD in the glove box is only for normal CDs. I've still not worked out why mine came with a multi CD would have been better with the iPod connector.

I didn't even know there was a CD changer (also got a bonus Fleetwood Mac CD which no one knows anything about) - but I 100% agree that the iPod connector would have been a lot better and more useful. Now converting aac to wma for the SD card. Got the phone up and working and synced the phonebook and sound quality and connection great.:approve:

Having on going discussions with dealership at the moment over their "lack of information during and post sale" and would sturggle to recommend them after their really poor service post sale.:zx11:

vibhuti
24-09-2013, 06:27 PM
I don't know if I'm in the right forum. Here goes. I have a passat cc GT TDI 170 and I want to replace my DRl bulbs with some nice bright white LED ones (xenon type light). The one currently fitted in are filaments ones with 21W12v markings. Does such a thing exist? I don't seem to be finding them on the net. Anyone knows what I'm on about?