PDA

View Full Version : A6 Avant rear lights - wiil they fit

chrisroffey
12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know if the rear lights off an A6 Avant 2002 will fit on a 1999 model. I know the shape is the same but does it fit in the same way. I've already bought them so its a bit late now but if I can find out before i fit them it might save me wasting my time.
Thanks

chrisroffey
18-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Just in case anyone might be interested, the rear lights off the face lift model A6 do fit the the previous version.
Cheers

Speedster
28-05-2007, 11:26 PM
Just in case anyone might be interested, the rear lights off the face lift model A6 do fit the the previous version.
Cheers

Any pictures of the change, I might think about it myself.

TonyT
30-05-2007, 07:29 PM
i'd be interested in seeing a before and after pic. Was searching on google for avant lights and came accross a link to this forum.

TonyT

chrisroffey
30-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry to take so long to reply, been a bit tied up.
The lights are are just a bit brighter than the old ones but they give the car a bit of a lift. I had a cracked lens on my old ones and when i called around the scrap yards the only ones I could get were the new style. The chao at the yard wasnt sure if they would fit, and the staff at audi didnt knoe either, but I took a chance and bought them and luckily enough they were exactly the same. Last year I also replaced the number plate panel and had the same problem. Where the old one is a smoked glass effect the new one is black, but this went straight on as well. All together with he private plate the car looks newer than it is from the back now.
Ididnt have any pics of my car before the change so I have downloded some from t'internet.
Cheers.