PDA

View Full Version : Snow

reprosteve
11-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Hi

How did we all find the CC in the snow? How many times did you drive past the poor sod in the Beamer laughing to yourself "Thank God I didn't buy one of those".

:buttkick:

Shadow CC
11-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Personally I've been impressed with mine. Seems to have stayed quite sure footed as I've watched the Beemers and especially Lexi drift all over the place. Only downside is you can't do handbrake turns so easily anymore. Shame. Had a good comfort test as well as I was in it for 6 hours before Christmas as Basingstoke ground to a halt!!! I am now very familiar with all the interior controls. Just love the stereo and the whole SD card thing. Delight.

If I were to be picky the snow does seem to make the very light steering, almmost automatic, so you have to be careful not to cough, move or twitch otherwise you will be changing direction.

The comedy window drop seems to have worked ok even in the arctic ice and my car doesn't seem to have had the demist probs others have reported. Although it does collect water on the rear sill which someone reported, but I think that's the angle it is parked on my drive.

Keeping it clean is also a problem and the darkness means no on can see it, so roll on spring, I say.

All in all very pleased in my ownership over the last 4 months and 3,000 miles, but still haven't seen another blue one.

Shadow CC

eob
12-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Big wheels with skinny tyres are always going to be a problem in the snow.
The CC dealt with it OK but knowing how to drive in those conditions helps. I don't know how many drivers I saw revving the nuts off the engine and wheelspinning madly.

The only problems I encountered in the cold with the car are that the screen washers froze despite undiluted screenwash.
My rear o/s bass speaker seems to have been affected by the cold and started working intermittantly, the tweeter would work fine and I had to turn the volume up to prompt it into working. It was as if the pole was freezing in the magnet.
With all the snow and ice I also had a frozen puddle in the drivers footwell which took ages to thaw out. Because of this I noticed that the flow to the floor vents is very weak compared to my old saloon. I found a thread on an American VW site (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4710432) and they have noticed this too.
Very pleased with the car although the gritty clutch has reappeared and I seem to have the rear anti-roll bar clunk.
Still gives me that "James May fizzy-feeling-down-there" when I approach it in the car park though! ;)