PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Sharan driver window

folke
10-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi all!

I tried to open the window but it was frozen shut and now it won't open. Now it only makes some faint buzzing sound.

The obvious is that I killed the motor but the thing is that I can't control the passenger side window either from the driver side, it can only be controlled from the passenger side (but I can hear some clicking).

So should I go for a new motor or? (And can anyone tell me which relay that controls the windows?)

Thanks

daidub
16-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Hi All, I'm after the same sort of info, my driver rear window has ceased to operate. In fact its about 3" open!!!. I have repalced the main window control switch sited in the driver door panel..... still not working. I have a funny idea that ther is a relay fitted some where which as of yet I have been unable to find.
Does anyone know where these are situated????
Or has anyone a wiring diagram??

Cheers.....Daidub

kenney
16-01-2010, 12:50 PM
What year and engine code?

daidub
16-02-2010, 11:13 PM
Hi Kenney, Sorry for the late reply, my Sharan is a 1.9tdi, 2001, and engine code, 'AUY' I think. Does that sound correct. Regards...Daidub

kenney
16-02-2010, 11:43 PM
There is no relay,does the window operate fron the switch on the door

daidub
17-02-2010, 12:03 AM
The window will not operate from either the driver door switch, or the rear door switch. I have replaced the driver door switch, rear door switch and window motor, no improvement, any ideas???

kenney
17-02-2010, 10:57 AM
check the wiring between the B pillar and the door