PDA

View Full Version : Mk3 Golf Gti 16v Electric Problems - Windows Down

puvster01
11-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I am new to this site but relly need your help to sort out a major problem I have had with my golf for 3 weeks. I went to ASDA to do some shopping unalarmed the car (Toad Ai606) and put the shopping in the boot closed the boot and then got in the car. I put the key in the ignition to start the car and the windows then came down, and never come back up. I disconnected the battery and the passenger side come back up, then whilst I was messing with the switches it come down again and will not go up again.
I am loosing all hope as I have asked a mobile autoelectrician to look at the car and he thinks its more to do with the motors or switches, but I am not so sure?

Is there anybody that can give some advice to at least put me on the right track??:zx11:

ali-mk3 golf
17-02-2006, 11:55 PM
have heard of problems with alarms at supermarkets before!
not locking/unlocking full closures going mad and such! could need re coding?

Troobz
23-02-2006, 10:05 AM
i had this problem with mine in asda car park. i put my window down and then when i tried to get it back up again and it wasnt happening! I have the same alarm and after a few combinations of gettin out the car locking, starting and trying the window buttons it eventually went back up but now it does go down at all. This is the drivers side by the way.

The passenger window can styill be operated from that side but the drivers side does nothin now, cant even control the passenger window!

Wondering if you've had any luck with yours?

Mark

AJKAS123
21-03-2006, 02:48 PM
I am new to this site but relly need your help to sort out a major problem I have had with my golf for 3 weeks. I went to ASDA to do some shopping unalarmed the car (Toad Ai606) and put the shopping in the boot closed the boot and then got in the car. I put the key in the ignition to start the car and the windows then came down, and never come back up. I disconnected the battery and the passenger side come back up, then whilst I was messing with the switches it come down again and will not go up again.
I am loosing all hope as I have asked a mobile autoelectrician to look at the car and he thinks its more to do with the motors or switches, but I am not so sure?

Is there anybody that can give some advice to at least put me on the right track??:zx11:

Just read your post, if you haven't sorted - I had similar problem traced two faults.

One wire in drivers door pillar was damaged and replaced and offside rear window motor faulty. It was disconnected all others work fine. Waiting to pick up a replacement motor at right price.

christianb99
07-06-2007, 06:44 PM

My car windows (Mk3 16v) do various funny things, some of which seem to link back to the starting relays and the stereo :confused:, others seem independant! Have work arounds by using various switches and turning things off an on, but it's certainly not a VAG intended....