PDA

View Full Version : Help required please ... starting problem

beabop
09-02-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi,

Firstly please let me apologise for not being very technical with the mechanical terms!! I am not as bad as other females, i can change a tyre.

I am the owner of a Golf 1.9GT TDI 2002 150BHP. I am having problems with short journeys, where after I have travelled the short distance and then come to start my car the engine doesn’t start first time. The engine turns over but takes a while before it will start properly.

I have taken it to two garages and no joy. I have had the fuel filter, temperature sensor (this did need changing) and a relay changed. Both mechanics have put their scanners on the car but does not bring any faults up.

I have now booked it into my local VW garage as I do not know what else to do. I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on my situation just so I know what to expect. :confused:

Any advice will be appreciated....my car is booked in for Tuesday. Yes i've told my boyfriend to put valentines day on hold :frown:

beabop
11-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi,

Firstly please let me apologise for not being very technical with the mechanical terms!! I am not as bad as other females, i can change a tyre.

I am the owner of a Golf 1.9GT TDI 2002 150BHP. I am having problems with short journeys, where after I have travelled the short distance and then come to start my car the engine doesn’t start first time. The engine turns over but takes a while before it will start properly.

I have taken it to two garages and no joy. I have had the fuel filter, temperature sensor (this did need changing) and a relay changed. Both mechanics have put their scanners on the car but does not bring any faults up.

I have now booked it into my local VW garage as I do not know what else to do. I was hoping someone would be able to shed some light on my situation just so I know what to expect. :confused:

Any advice will be appreciated....my car is booked in for Tuesday. Yes i've told my boyfriend to put valentines day on hold :frown:
Hi,

Just a quick update - hopefully to help someone else. The issue with my Golf was that the Manifold change over flap was sticking shut inside the EGR valve. My local VW garage cleaned it and touch wood no problems since.

ladsleap
14-12-2006, 06:45 PM
By the manifold change over flap, do you mean the EGR ( next to the anti shudder valve)?.
I have had exactly the same problem with mine. Starts on half a turn cold but needs quite a churn to start when hot. The anti shudder valve was working ok, changed the 109 relay which seems to have had a little effect and is worth changing anyway and is very cheap to buy, but changing the temp sensor seems to have identified the problem for me. (touch wood).
I would be grateful for further clarification if you are still following this thread.