PDA

View Full Version : Fairly New to the Forum

Lord Nelson
11-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi people,

I have been using this forum for about 2 weeks now as i desperately needed some truth and advice about my Bora. But, i have only just got around to introducing myself.

Hi....Im Neil, and i drive a 2001 Bora TDi 115.sport
The comment on my threads "Oh My God im driving a Diesel" came about cos i have always been a bit of a petrol head. Im 25 and am on my 10th car. but this is my 2nd VAG as i once owned a beautiful A4 1.8T sport - sold due to engine problems. My previous car was a Toyota Supra twin turbo (flying machine) which crippled me with running costs. but i paid them due to my love for the car.
But, i eventually bit the Bullet and sold it.
I opted for the Bora because i wanted a good solid reliable motor that would be cheap to run. i would have gone for the Golf but the bora seemed to have more toys for the money.

So, I found my new car. an ex-demo with all the toys, half leather, immaculate black paintwork, nice wheels (only modification) and full dealer history. the only downside is that it had covered 110k. i asked around and the advice was to buy it, so i did....and cheap.

anyway, it took me a while to get used to driving the diesel, hense my saying "Oh My God, im driving a Diesel".lol. but now im used to it, i quite like it......fuel costs are low, the drive is satisfying and i have it looking nice - Lowered 40mm on 18's and slight tints. Pictures will arive soon.

Anyway, i best get back to work, but i hope to be involved in more threads soon as my knowledge increases!

Take it easy and cya later!
:beerchug:

Sam
11-05-2007, 05:43 PM
Welcome aboard buddy.

TT Supra > Bora is a new one on me though!

I prefer the subtleness of the Bora, so I can see where you're coming from.

Ben
12-05-2007, 11:41 AM
I'm also on my 1st diesel and i can't believe the power. I'v not had the car history like you powerwise, but i'm well chuffed with mine.

Hope you soon settle in to forum life.

Its good on here, honest.

Sounds like your car is cryin' out fr a set of black stickers off eshrules see here http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6675

I'm expecting my white ones any day now.

cya around.

Ben

Fizzbitt
29-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Like yourself mate i have had a history of sporty numbers like the MR2 T-bar Twin entry Turbo followed by a Celica GT4...

Times and priorities change and i just picked up my Bora TDI Sport 6 speed in black. Just waiting to get the car serviced for the BIG one which is going to cost an arm and a leg but then will be ready for me to drive off. :)