PDA

View Full Version : amp power wire thru bulkhead

sham
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
hi i have recently tried to install an amp in my audi but cant find the grommet where i can place the power wire through.
does anyone know where it is located
please help!!!!!
thanks

emmo
13-05-2007, 10:33 AM
if your struggling to find the grommet to run the cable through there is an easier way.
if you take off the trim underneath the steering wheel/under dash and look up inside you will see a fat red power cable that comes direct from the battery, jus undo the bolt and attach your power cable and put the bolt back.
i connected mine to here, hope this helps

Col
13-05-2007, 01:26 PM
if your struggling to find the grommet to run the cable through there is an easier way.
if you take off the trim underneath the steering wheel/under dash and look up inside you will see a fat red power cable that comes direct from the battery, jus undo the bolt and attach your power cable and put the bolt back.
i connected mine to here, hope this helps

Agreed.

Unless you are installing a massive power hungry system the terminal 30 by the pedals is good engough. It looks like a fatter than 4swg cable goes to it from the battery.

guyg
13-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Unless you are installing a massive power hungry system the terminal 30 by the pedals is good engough. It looks like a fatter than 4swg cable goes to it from the battery.

Great minds, BigCol - I run a 300W amp for my sub from this terminal and have no problems.

Passats leak enough without making more holes!!

Cheers

Guy

emmo
13-05-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm running two amps and no problems either!

sham
13-05-2007, 03:43 PM
cheers guys will give it a shot